Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Multivoice

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Multivoice

Postby Xangetzu » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:47 am

I may have overlooked something, and if I have I apologize for clutter in the forum. I am curious as to the hotkey to use multivoice. In notion 2, holding control + V engaged the multivoice function, and V toggled between upper and lower voices. However now shift swaps to the alternate notation automatically, eg. Quarter note becomes quater rest. What is the key mapping for multivoice in Notion 3?
Xangetzu

Re: Multivoice

Postby Admin » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:56 pm

To switch to Voice 2, press

PC: CTRL + 2

Mac: Command + 2
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Xangetzu » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:05 pm

appreciated. I actually figured it out shortly after I made the post, and kind of fill silly now that I think about it. Super intuitive. Thanks for the response though.
Xangetzu

Postby fabiolcati » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:27 am

Hi.

Does Multivoice mode allow to have parts assigned to different players with GPO4 on the same staff?
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby astinov » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:51 am

Hi fabiolcati,

Does Multivoice mode allow to have parts assigned to different players with GPO4 on the same staff?

Try using the Shift Instrument feature (Shift+I) and then choosing New Instrument, selecting your instrument of choice and then make sure you assign it a voice from within the Use Instrument dialog. I think this will give you what you need.

Hope this helps.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby fabiolcati » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi Lubo,

fiddling around with the Demo I realized you can actually do this with bundled sounds (see "Try this with another notation sw!" thread) to up to three hornists (the fourth supposely being involved in a Union's action :D )

I don't have GPO4 at the moment so I can't direclty test it with an external library. Maybe other Notationists can enlight us with the result of their tests.

In the meantime, thanks for the time you spent in developing N3 (and fixing the bugs, too)!
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Return to NOTION