Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Questions about VSTs and midi export

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Questions about VSTs and midi export

Postby peter5992 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:08 pm

Good morning everyone:

Couple of quick questions about VSTs:

1. If I export a file as midi file (to render it in a sequencing program), can I use the Notion 3 or Notion 2 instruments in that sequencing program?

2. Is there a 'roadmap' by which I know which sample / instrument I triggger from EWQLSO (eg if I want to get the DFX legato or sus legato)?

3. If I export a midi file using the 'full' EWQLSO instruments, what do I insert in the sequencing program? Using KS patches that is pretty straightforward (load the same KS instrument), but Notion seems to load 'everything', so how I and my sequencing program see the forest for the trees?

Thanks!

Peter
www.summeroflovemusic.com
peter5992

Re: Questions about VSTs and midi export

Postby astinov » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi peter5992,

1. If I export a file as midi file (to render it in a sequencing program), can I use the Notion 3 or Notion 2 instruments in that sequencing program?

Using ReWire should allow you to do this.

2. Is there a 'roadmap' by which I know which sample / instrument I triggger from EWQLSO (eg if I want to get the DFX legato or sus legato)?

Not quite ready yet, but we're working on it.

If I export a midi file using the 'full' EWQLSO instruments, what do I insert in the sequencing program? Using KS patches that is pretty straightforward (load the same KS instrument), but Notion seems to load 'everything', so how I and my sequencing program see the forest for the trees?

The Lite presets are the KS patches, you can just use those. The Platinum presets are using custom made PLAY presets based on channel changes. Just open up PLAY's interface once you bring the instrument in NOTION and save that PLAY preset somewhere. Then in your sequencer, load the preset in PLAY and use whatever channel changes the preset requires to further program it. If you are not getting the Lite presets in Score Setup - Update! :)

Hope that helps,

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby ducatibruce » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:44 am

astinov wrote:Hi peter5992,

Hi - do you mean using Rewire to transmit midi data from the sequencer program or do you mean using rewire to play the midi data contained in Notion?
ducatibruce

Postby peter5992 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:55 pm

ducatibruce wrote:
astinov wrote:Hi peter5992,

Hi - do you mean using Rewire to transmit midi data from the sequencer program or do you mean using rewire to play the midi data contained in Notion?

I gather Lubo means using Notion 3 as a ReWire slave in the sequencing program -- meaning you cannot use the Notion 3 or 2 sounds outside of Notion (correct me if I am wrong Lubo).
peter5992

Return to NOTION