Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Built-in VST instrument presets

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Built-in VST instrument presets

Postby jkrans » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Hey guys, I'm running N3 on my Mac...do the VST instruments and samples have to exist locally on the Mac? I've currently got EWQLSO and Vienna Special Edition installed on 4 networked slave systems. Thx!
jkrans

Re: Built-in VST instrument presets

Postby astinov » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:11 am

Hi jkrans,

Your libraries' samples can reside on different machines. Your VST's have to be installed on your Mac though. Yopu need to make sure you use the VSL directory manager to point to the location of your samples. With EWQL presets, you'll need to point PLAY to where the location of the samples are when you insert an instrument.

Hope that helps

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Re: Built-in VST instrument presets

Postby jkrans » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:13 am

astinov wrote:Hi jkrans,

Your libraries' samples can reside on different machines. Your VST's have to be installed on your Mac though. Yopu need to make sure you use the VSL directory manager to point to the location of your samples. With EWQL presets, you'll need to point PLAY to where the location of the samples are when you insert an instrument.

Hope that helps

Lubo Astinov

Hi Lubo - When I insert an instrument, how do I point PLAY to the location of my samples that reside on another machine on my network? When I insert an instrument, the only option I seem to have is to look locally on my Mac hard drive for the samples. Thx

Ah, disregard. I figured it out. Rather than manually locating the samples locally when prompted, you just need to choose "Ignore" instead.
jkrans

Return to NOTION