Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

NOTION 3.0.2

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

NOTION 3.0.2

Postby astinov » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Hello everyone,

Please make sure you run the updater to get the latest NOTION build (3.0.2 build 230). This addresses several issues with VSTi presets, Tiger users and others as well as adds additional EWQL Lite presets, some new VSL presets and also options for transposing MIDI input and auditioning a note on click and drag.

This latest build should be available to you now, just run the updater from within NOTION3.

Thanks
astinov

Re: NOTION 3.0.2

Postby dgriffee » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:44 pm

WOW... you guys are quick! Please relay greatest thanks to your very agile developers for being so responsive, they must be working extremextreme programming (and their architectural forsight is probably paying off bigtime right about now).
dgriffee

Postby chon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:21 pm

astinov wrote:get the latest NOTION build (3.0.2 build 230) ... should be available to you now, just run the updater from within NOTION3.

That doesn't mean the PC has to be connected to the internet, does it?

How do you actually do an update? - I can't see any update in the download area (http://notionmusic.com/support/downloads.html).

(Sorry if that's a stupid question - I'm just trying to familiarise - haven't got Notion yet - waiting for demo.)
chon

Postby Unfinished » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:39 pm

You need to be connected to the internet then just open Notion 3 - it checks for updates each time you start up. It will present you with the option to download the latest update(s).
Unfinished

Postby chon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:14 pm

So, truly, a PC without an internet connection CANNOT make proper use of Notion 3?!!!!!!!!!!

Really?

Really?

Amongst all the many pieces of software, sample libraries, VST FX, etc I have that require an interaction with the internet for registration/authorisation/updates, etc, NOT ONE, so far, has required an internet connection actually to be in place on the PC where the software is run - they all offer an alternative pathway to the necessary interaction, usually via files passed (on physical media) between the PC that uses the software and another PC with an internet connection.

I have a dedicated internet PC: it does nothing except give me access to the internet.

I WILL NOT expose any other PC directly to the internet or weigh it down with anti-virus software and such like.

Notion 3 is a very appealing program - I've been looking forward to trying it out. But it seems that all those of us who don't want to connect our main PCs to the internet - and have not needed to do so in spite of using numerous substantial pieces of software which require internet authorisation, etc - are effectively excluded from using Notion 3.

So be it.
chon

Postby astinov » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:48 pm

Just to let you know :

We will provide you with downloadable updates, rest assured. You will be able to update via another computer. We are setting up the logistics for it right now.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby Aph » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:32 pm

chon wrote:So, truly, a PC without an internet connection CANNOT make proper use of Notion 3?!!!!!!!!!!

Really?

For the first update, I just contacted support and they gave me a link to the file so I could download it and update my (also) non-internet connected computer.
Aph

Postby chon » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:36 am

astinov wrote:Just to let you know :

We will provide you with downloadable updates, rest assured. You will be able to update via another computer. We are setting up the logistics for it right now.

Lubo Astinov

Oh, that's good. Thanks.
chon

Postby Aph » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Can you make announcements of updates a sticky, please? So it's always at the top of the forum. That way we don't have to wade through pages of posts to see what the latest version is.
Thanks!
Aph
Aph

Postby Novatlan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:28 am

I don't know about Windows, but on the Mac you will get notified as soon as a new Version is out.
So if you want to know the most recent version, look in the about box of the software :)
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Next

Return to NOTION