Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

ReWire Tutorials are up

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: ReWire Tutorials are up

Postby mikealexmac » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:07 am

sepheritoh wrote:In the mixer screen there is a row right on top listing All - Vocal - VSTi - Rewire.

Click on the + sign next to Rewire.

When I do this it says no Rewire outputs available. How do I make them available?

Thanks.
mikealexmac

Postby stevethemusicman » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:34 am

I was successful using Sibelius and Sonar 8 producer. You just have to load Sonar first. Then insert the rewire Sibelius. open up the Synth Rack and double click on the keyboard on the synth rack. It worked just fine for me.

I only had success with audio tracks in Sonar and no midi. I can't seem to get it to work with midi tracks but I don't think that will be a big issue.

Steve
stevethemusicman

Postby Novatlan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:27 am

As far as I know, Notion does not (yet) support MIDI ReWire, so that may be the reason why it does not work :)
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby mikealexmac » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:55 am

I was successful using Sibelius and Sonar 8 producer. You just have to load Sonar first. Then insert the rewire Sibelius. open up the Synth Rack and double click on the keyboard on the synth rack. It worked just fine for me.

I only had success with audio tracks in Sonar and no midi. I can't seem to get it to work with midi tracks but I don't think that will be a big issue.

Steve

Were you able to record that audio into Sonar? That's what I tried to do and then discovered that other error mentioned above. Ultimately the rewire function is of little use if you can't mix down both applications together.
mikealexmac

Previous

Return to NOTION