Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Playback finesse

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Playback finesse

Postby Lurker » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:22 am

In version 2 of NOTION I could enter data with keyboard shortcuts, or via the toolbars and a dialog. One difference between these methods was that using the longhand approach I could, for instance, select the playback 'slope' of a crescendo hairpin, or I could enter one dynamic marking to be shown in the score, but another one (in a finer gradation) for playback. I can't work out how to do this is NOTION3.

The horrible thought occurs that this extremely useful feature may have disappeared from NOTION3. :shock: Please, say it ain't so! Or perhaps someone could tell me how to do it.
Lurker

Re: Playback finesse

Postby Lurker » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:58 am

Partly replying to my own question: I had given up on "Tweak Dynamics", which simply doesn't appear on my Edit menu, but I did find another way to modify dynamics. It followed "Tweak" in the manual so I didn't at first see it was a different thing. Eventually I found that "Tweak Dynamics" and "Hide" are both in the Tools menu, not Edit (as shown in the Help file).

But I still can't find a way of controlling the degree of crescendo/diminuendo of a hairpin, and I seem to have lost the trick of making the end dynamic affect the playback (as it did in Notion 2 and as (the Help file claims) the words 'cresc' and 'dim' do in Notion 3.
Lurker

Return to NOTION