Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Distortion on electric guitar

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Distortion on electric guitar

Postby scarter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:34 am

In Notion 4 on Windows 7, I'm getting distortion on electric guitar parts, for chord voicings, even double-stops, although single-note lines seem undistorted. When I open the same file in Notion 3, I do not hear the distortion on this part.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Steve
scarter

Re: Distortion on electric guitar

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:16 pm

The reason that this distortion is happening is because Notion 4 implemented an Amp Sim VST on the Electric Guitar. If you want to get rid of it, just remove the VST from the Insert in the mixer. Brian has also written you back from tech support about this issue.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Distortion on electric guitar - solved

Postby scarter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:58 pm

Yes, Brian got back to me right away. Notion support has been great!

It is correct that removing the amp sim solves the problem. I also found that just lowering the gain on the amp sim seems to eliminate the distortion -- though I haven't tested this very thoroughly. My guess is that the default gain on the amp sim is ok for single notes but overloads for voicings with 2 or more notes.

Steve
scarter

Re: Distortion on electric guitar

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Thanks Steve.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to NOTION