Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Tutorials for Notion 3 or 4

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Tutorials for Notion 3 or 4

Postby balbs » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Hello,

Do you guys have any links to getting started with Notion 3 or 4? I found a few on Youtube. Are there any others?

Thanks!
balbs

Re: Tutorials for Notion 3 or 4

Postby Surfwhammy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:25 am

balbs wrote:Hello,

Do you guys have any links to getting started with Notion 3 or 4? I found a few on Youtube. Are there any others?

Thanks!

This is the best video tutorial for folks who are new to orchestration but are generally knowledgeable in music theory and all that stuff, where it is especially helpful for primarily "play by ear" composers and musicians like me, where what you discover is that you only need a few basic parts for a song (primarily bass, chords, melody, harmony or counterpoint, and rhythm or percussion), where doing this style of orchestration is a matter of (a) copying and pasting and (b) doing some articulations, transformations, and so forth, which is fabulous . . .

[NOTE: This video tutorial was extraordinarily helpful for me, since I never had a course in orchestration and generally had no idea that is was so easy to do. I could do orchestration "by ear", but I did not know that there actually is a pattern or technique for doing it as a Gestalt . . . ]

NOTION SLE Composing and Scoring Tool for Miroslav Philharmonik - Part 3/4 - Full Orchestra (IK Multimedia)

Fabulous! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Return to NOTION