Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Shift + Y doesn't work

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Shift + Y doesn't work

Postby fzd » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:51 pm

In order to control my techniques and articulations with my own rules, I want to use a new option in my custom rules, using the Shift + Y, but it doesn't work, there is no effect (though the Shift + I works fine, like in Notion 3).
I read on the forum I'm not alone.
Is there a way to make it run ?

Thanks for your help.
Solo, Orchestral & Chamber Strings complete, Dimension Strings, Full instruments
EWQLSO & Choirs
2 x Mac Mavericks, RAM : 32 GB & 16 GB
Notion 4

http://www.francois-zawadzki-delissen.com
fzd

Re: Shift + Y doesn't work

Postby notionlive » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 pm

I just tested Shift + Y in the latest build and it is working.

Here are some screen shots of what you should see:

Use Rules.png
Use Rules.png (14.65 KiB) Viewed 5182 times

This is what comes up when you press "Shift + Y"

Place it in the score and name it to match the <group id="abcd">

Name Group.png
Name Group.png (8.92 KiB) Viewed 5182 times

(The plus sign is not necessary. That just denotes that you have to hit them simultaneously.)
notionlive

Postby Surfwhammy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:22 pm

notionlive wrote:I just tested Shift + Y in the latest build and it is working.

Are there any other requirements for this to work, such as having a rules file somewhere or anything else?

On the Mac, if I create a new score in NOTION 4 (running in 64-bit mode); populate it with a NOTION 4 bundled Piano; and then do Shift + Y, nothing happens . . .

Lots of FUN! :)
Last edited by Surfwhammy on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby fzd » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Sorry, but it doesn't work !
I have just tried using a staff with Notion instrument, GPO, VSL... The Shift + Y doen't work.
Is it a mac problem ?

Surfwhammy, thank you, I thought I was going crazy... ;)
Solo, Orchestral & Chamber Strings complete, Dimension Strings, Full instruments
EWQLSO & Choirs
2 x Mac Mavericks, RAM : 32 GB & 16 GB
Notion 4

http://www.francois-zawadzki-delissen.com
fzd

Postby notionlive » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Okay everyone,

Sorry about this. We are going to spend the next few days trying to figure out the problem with this. There will be an update soon that will make this work for you. I truly apologize for the delay on it. It is coming.

Regards,

Josh
notionlive

Postby Surfwhammy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:16 pm

notionlive wrote:Okay everyone,

Sorry about this. We are going to spend the next few days trying to figure out the problem with this. There will be an update soon that will make this work for you. I truly apologize for the delay on it. It is coming.

Regards,

Josh

For the update, it might be useful to devise a way to remove the tiny diagonal line from eighth grace notes, since if you toggle through the set by pressing the "g" character on the keyboard, what you see does not have the tiny diagonal slash but when you put the note on the staff the tiny diagonal line appears, and apparently there are two articulations or whatever, where with the tiny diagonal line it is acciaccatura, but without the tiny diagonal line it is appoggiatura, which apparently is important . . .

Also, it might be nice to add symbols for mordents for visual purposes but not actually played when the audio is generated . . .

These are new things for me, and I like the way they look, but I think that musicians should learn how actually to play them, so I would start with them being only for visual purposes . . .

Lots of FUN! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Return to NOTION