Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

EWQL & Notion 4 Post your experience here!

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: EWQL & Notion 4 Post your experience here!

Postby pcartwright » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 am

Have you tried the directions posted here (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=170)?
pcartwright

Postby 7stringjazz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Yes I can navigate to the samples which then proceed to load. But the sound is intermittent or the instruments overlap with the wrong samples etc. I can't get it to work without problems. Have not yet been able to load a full orchestra and just have it work like Notions internal libs do. Very confusing and frustrating.

If I try to load an instance of Play and bypass the EWQL defaults it gives me an error "this happens when you try to load a 32 plugin into a 64 bit host" or some such. It then displays a blank popup window. Of course I only have Play64 installed! Play32 will not even let me install it. And yes I have the lastest version of Play. So that can't be the problem. Kontakt stuff works as expected with no issues. To be fair I've also have read the many problems EW has had with Play so I don't think the problems are all in the Notion camp. And Bill Reed seems to have tamed the demons so it must be working at least better than my experience. I can load PLay easily in Ableton 8 64bit but that is not my preferred way to work with it. I want a self contained and fully integrated Notion4/EW solution.

I wonder does Vienna Libraries work any better? They seem to have better app sw from reading the forums. But I'm reluctant to spend anymore before absolute certainty that it will work without me becoming an engineer.
Classical music is the kind we keep thinking will turn into a tune. -Kin Hubbard

Musings: [url]Soundcloud.com/7stringjazz[/url]
7stringjazz

Postby labou » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:41 am

On my end I constantly have the missing samples what ever I'm doing, saving the 01_Violins_I.notion over itself or saving a new staff using it. What's weird is that Play in standalone mode do not complains about these missing samples only Notion does.
labou

Postby Mechanoff » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:44 am

I too had problems with EWQL. I have the Gold Complete edition and running Windows 7 64bit and although I have had no real problems with Notion 3, after installing Notion 4 I found that I had problems with sound issues. Every time I went to load an instrument, a window would pop up giving me the option of locating the sample manually, ignoring the process or cancelling it. When I tried to manually locate the folder the same pop-up would appear and I would click 'ignore'. Then the instrument appeared to load, but I had no sound with it. Great! Anyway, after looking around on the various fora I discovered discovered this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1723&hilit=ewql+change&start=10#p7525. You should find what you are looking for here and although it relates to Notion 3, it can also be applied to Notion 4. I still get the annoying pop-up, but now I can locate the folder manually with no problems, load the instrument and it works! I have managed to load an entire modern orchestra of 'full' instruments (approx. 9-10GB). Hope this helps. Many thanks to Francois.
Mechanoff

Postby labou » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Awewome... that's the key explaining why Play load everything up, I forgot Silver stuff was in there.

Now I just need to resave all patches once samples are located.. fun!!

Thanks.
labou

Previous

Return to NOTION