Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 4 VSL Special Edition Presets 1-4 Fix

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Notion 4 VSL Special Edition Presets 1-4 Fix

Postby TOSCANINI » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:57 am

Lot of VSL questions... sorry !

On the same score in Notion 4, i try to use (for example, not musical reasons !) chamber violas

In VSL SE PRO (Notion 3), and i got all presets :

VSL SE +.png
VSL SE +.png (187.74 KiB) Viewed 16630 times

In VSL Special Edition Pro and some seems missing :

VSL SE 1-4.png
VSL SE 1-4.png (198.93 KiB) Viewed 16630 times

Do you thing is a VSL change in Special Edition ? Or a Notion 4 bug ?

Thanks
TOSCANINI

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:07 am

TOSCANINI wrote:Question about VSL individual download instruments.

I downloaded some individuals instruments before the release of VSL special edition 1-4 (Heckelphone, Contrabass Clarinet, Trumpet in Bb, Euphonium, Fanfare Trumpets, Epic Horns...), these downloads are now part of these new VSL SE 1-4 but seem i can't use them in Notion Score Setup (they don't load).

Is a way to fix that or is this only work with complete VSL SE 1-4 ?

Yes.

Open the SE Preset instrument by double clicking. Don't know where it is on a MAC, but on PC it's under Notion\Plugins\etc.

Notion will open with that instrument on one staff. Bring up the VI interface. All the matrix cell will be red, becuase the samples are missing, but the names are there. Replace all the missing samples with ones from the download instrument.

Save the SCORE, not the preset.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby notionlive » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Okay. Here is a little update about the Notion4 Vienna Instruments Preset downloads.

The new presets are set for and based around the latest Special Edition release from Vienna. This update is for the owners of Special Edition 1-4 Bundle of Vienna Instruments Special Editions. These work for owners of:

Vienna Instruments:

Special Edition 1
Special Edition 1 Plus (Extended)
Special Edition 2
Special Edition 2 Plus (Extended)
Special Edition 3
Special Edition 4

If you own these libraries then you should use the new presets. You can also own any of the previous libraries and the presets work, minus the sounds you have not purchased.

The second item to note here is that these are no longer .fxp's. Vienna has updated their file name extensions. The extensions for the two software versions are as follows:

For:

Vienna Instruments - .vipst
Vienna Instruments Pro - .vipreset

If you use Vienna Instruments, get the applicable Preset Folder and vice versa, for Pro get the applicable Preset Folder.

If you are not updated to the latest versions of Special Editions 1-4, then use the old Special Edition Presets.

In conclusion, there are several fixes that will be released in the next updates of the program for these presets and for bundled rules. The first is that there were techniques that went into the original release that were not working. There were rule problems and plugin identification problems in the release. These will be fixed.

Also, the Text Techniques will be placed back into the Palette for the new presets. Sorry for overlooking that matter. We thought it was in, but it got overlooked.

All for now,

Josh
notionlive

Postby ottomc » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks a lot for the updated presets. Now they are visible in both VI and VI Pro. They seem to load all the instruments/patches properly.

When I use the presets to load instruments from within VE Pro, even the text techniques become visible in the palette. When I load the instruments directly from the VI or VI Pro tab, the techniques are missing from the palette, but I am happy to hear that the Notion team is working on the issue.

One last thing: When I select orchestral violas directly from the VI or VI Pro tab, the patches won't load. I have to load them manually by opening the VI/VI Pro window and select the Notion viola preset. Not a big deal, but it looks like a bug, since the other instruments seem to load normally. Another peculiar thing is that the VE window automatically opens when I select orchestral violas directly from VI tab, and only then -- it does not happen when I select other instruments from the VI tab, and it does not happen when I select orchestral violas from the VI Pro tab either. Does anyone else have the same experience?

Thanks to the Notion team for a great product :D
Otto Martin Christensen
www.faidros.no
ottomc

Postby achambily » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:52 am

In fact in don't understand where to put these files (and what to put, files or folders ?)
I have copied VI_Notion4_SE_vipst into C:\Users\Public\Documents\VSL Custom Data, apparently it doesn't change anything... The "technique" palette is still empty...
Notion, Cubase 7, EWQLSO Gold, VSL SE
Win7 x64, I7 Dell studio laptop, 8GB RAM
M-Audio FTP
M-Audio KeyStudio 25
Clavinova CLP 811
Sennheiser e840
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Yamaha HS50M

http://chambily.com/
http://soundcloud.com/axel-casadesus/sets
achambily

Postby wcreed51 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:05 am

As stated above, downloading and placing the presets has NOTHING to do with the technique palette.
Bill Reed
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
wcreed51

Postby achambily » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:50 am

So I have to say that I obviously not understand what presets are :(
M-Audio FTP
M-Audio KeyStudio 25
Clavinova CLP 811
Sennheiser e840
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Yamaha HS50M

achambily

Postby wcreed51 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:10 am

Those are the files you downloaded and placed in the Custom Data folder...
Bill Reed
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
wcreed51

Postby achambily » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:22 am

Yes ;)
But what are they for ?
M-Audio FTP
M-Audio KeyStudio 25
Clavinova CLP 811
Sennheiser e840
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Yamaha HS50M

achambily

Postby TOSCANINI » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 pm

wcreed51 wrote:
TOSCANINI wrote:Question about VSL individual download instruments.

I downloaded some individuals instruments before the release of VSL special edition 1-4 (Heckelphone, Contrabass Clarinet, Trumpet in Bb, Euphonium, Fanfare Trumpets, Epic Horns...), these downloads are now part of these new VSL SE 1-4 but seem i can't use them in Notion Score Setup (they don't load).

Is a way to fix that or is this only work with complete VSL SE 1-4 ?

Yes.

Open the SE Preset instrument by double clicking. Don't know where it is on a MAC, but on PC it's under Notion\Plugins\etc.

Notion will open with that instrument on one staff. Bring up the VI interface. All the matrix cell will be red, becuase the samples are missing, but the names are there. Replace all the missing samples with ones from the download instrument.

Save the SCORE, not the preset.

Thank you, but i hope for an official response on Notion about that. I hope something simple is possible
TOSCANINI

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION