Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 4 Bundled Sounds Download

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Notion 4 Bundled Sounds Download

Postby DaddyO » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Since I raised my issues publically, it's only right that I publicly acknowledge that Technical Support has been able to promptly and successfully address my problem. So often the test of a company is not so much when things are going well, but when adversity hits. For me, Notion passes this test.

Postby themeworks » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Agreed. Stellar individual service, so far.
themeworks

Postby GaryExo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Just for information, on my laptop, running Windows 7, I was able to use the Notion installer successfully. It took around 8 hours 40 minutes at an average speed of around 200K but most importantly it completed, extracted and installed all the sounds.

Having read all the woes surrounding this download, I decided to protect myself a little and made regular copies of the sounds as they were coming in by simply copying the zipped files from the "Temp" folder across to my desktop. By doing this I was assured of at least not losing the files if the installer was interrupted. My thinking was I would get what I could from the automated installer and then complete the sounds collection via the individual downloads page. As it transpired, of course, I didn't need any of my copied sounds as it all worked quite nicely. If anyone is still having difficulties though, that is another option you have. The relevant folder on a Windows machine resides here:
C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Temp\
GaryExo

Postby sepheritoh » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks Notion for making the individual files available for download. This time it worked for me, except for the piano sounds, which does not seem to be available on that same page. Anybody else came across this?
sepheritoh

Postby elerouxx » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:25 pm

I downloaded all the sounds individually from the link. Took about half an hour.
elerouxx

Postby Yves » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:34 am

Succeed downloading all 65 prox files individually in less than 2 hours...
thank you Team Notion for this quick solution! :)
Notion 4/Sonar X3 producer/Reason 7-Akai EWI USB/Yamaha C2s
Synful/Wivi/VSL inst./Miroslav/GPO4/N3 Exp. Sounds/QL Solo Violin/Hauptwerk
EW Symphonic Choirs+VOP/Vocaloid 3 Prima+Tonio
QL Pianos/Garritan Steinway/EZKeys/Pianoteq 4
Waves/Clariphonic/Maag
Yves

Postby TOSCANINI » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:38 pm

TOSCANINI wrote:6th try to download the sound bundle for Mac,
hope install the Notion 4 bundle before the launching of Notion 5...

Yesss ! Done ! Right !
TOSCANINI

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:22 am

I have just spent over 7 hours downloading the piano sample at 24kb/sec. I have a 100mb link so shame on you Notion!!!!!
Keith

Postby Surfwhammy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:34 am

Keith wrote:I have just spent over 7 hours downloading the piano sample at 24kb/sec. I have a 100mb link so shame on you Notion!!!!!

No doubt, you have excluded the possibility that your local ISP has a quota system and data caps for downloads and is doing metering, leveling, throttling, and generally is managing its bandwidth to optimize profits regardless of the consequences to its customers . . .

Of course, your cable modem is working correctly and the overall system throughput is at least as good as the local ISP claims it to be, if not better . . .

And so forth and so on, hence it has to be someone's fault, so why not blame it on Notion Music, really . . .

Really! :-o
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Previous

Return to NOTION