Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion Programmers plz rework the Bundle installer

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion Programmers plz rework the Bundle installer

Postby tomr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:26 am

As others have mentioned closing the installer deletes all the previously downloaded zip files and starts over. This is not well thought out in my opinion.

If they just built in a question before cancelling to ask before deleting the files all the files could be kept and only the missing files downloaded. A little error checking on each zip file already downloaded to make sure it is good when the downloader is restarted and replace it if it is bad.

Seriously this is not just about good installer programming, it is about ensuring a good customer experience. otherwise just post the links to each of the instruments and just let us download them one at a time and install.

Sorry for the rant Notion guys but I do it out of Love as I want you to succeed.

Tom

PS I opened notion 4 and just for grins I clicked on the check for sounds update. Then Followed the link to the update directory and it sens me to the notion 3 download page. I checked manually and there is a notion 4 update page but only one update in it. If you would just populate this page with the current sounds even if they are not updated then we could just get them one at a time. That would be very helpful.

Thank you for your consideration.
tomr

Re: Notion Programmers plz rework the Bundle installer

Postby notionlive » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:26 pm

HI Tom,

The reason that the sounds are reinstalling is because our .prox files have all been updated to match for both 32-bit and 64-bit usage. They are all being overwritten to match the update.

In regards to your PS, you need to clear your internet browser cache to get to the correct page. I tried it and it took me to the new site.

-Josh
notionlive

Postby themeworks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:32 pm

That's assuming we can download them at all.

I am 48 hours into it - the last 8 hours has yielded <10% of the sounds download at full bandwidth focus.

Losing my mind here. Please mirror this stuff ASAP.
themeworks

Postby Admin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:36 pm

themeworks wrote:That's assuming we can download them at all.

I am 48 hours into it - the last 8 hours has yielded <10% of the sounds download at full bandwidth focus.

Losing my mind here. Please mirror this stuff ASAP.

Working on it...should have the page up and ready for individual downloads very soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby themeworks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Great thanks!

But will they individually be any faster? I should be taking this stuff down 2-5MB/sec or better (and that's bad - but acceptable), not 35K/s.

-C*
themeworks

Postby Admin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:50 pm

themeworks wrote:Great thanks!

But will they individually be any faster? I should be taking this stuff down 2-5MB/sec or better (and that's bad - but acceptable), not 35K/s.

-C*

We are still trying to determine the problem. We have seen many customers who have no problem at all and have their sounds download in a reasonable amount of time. Considering these files are smaller it will take far less time to download them, which should help users like yourself.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby themeworks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Thanks. Yes - I have tried multiple browser, direct wget() commands, from multiple systems -- my speedtest is below (30MB down, 10MB up) and my network bandwidth is barely being tripped (coming from West USA).

screenshot_162.png
screenshot_162.png (67.44 KiB) Viewed 8966 times

This speedtest was run seconds ago, *during* my ongoing download of the sounds dmg.

Thanks.
themeworks

Postby Admin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:16 pm

http://www.notionmusic.com/support/noti ... pdate.html

Here is a link to download the files individually. These are .zip files so you'll need to "unzip" them before installing.....
Admin
Site Admin

Postby elerouxx » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Thank you very much! this will be really helpful.
elerouxx

Postby tomr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Thank you Notion Admin. Having the links will let those of us having problems get it in smaller bits but at least we can get it done.
tomr

Next

Return to NOTION