Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Latency problems while recording via midi device

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Latency problems while recording via midi device

Postby LiuvarAldaron » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:41 am

hey everybody,

maybe someone knows how I can solve my problem.
This is my situation:
- I installed Notion 3 on my Windows Pc
- I connected my Workstation via Midi cable
- running Notion 3 I adjusted the preferences. Midi input: my midi device; Midi output: the windows gs wavetable
synth
- as current audio device I chose: direct sound and my speakers

writing notes via the midi device works, but there is a latency, which causes that the inserted notes are at the wrong place in the score. The first time I tried this way of scorring everything worked quiet right. I changed nothing on my system, but the next time there was this latency.
I tried to change the asio driver, using Asio4all, but selecting this one as "current audio device", there was no sound anymore.

I hope there is a way to solve this problem, caus I don't like the way of writting notes via mouse and keyboard. I most liked the way to insert notes, just via the keyboard of my pc using the arrow buttons to navigate in the score, and the num block to chose the notes (while writing tabs), just as it is possible with Guitar Pro.

Thank you for your response,
best regards

LiuvarAldaron
LiuvarAldaron

Return to NOTION