Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 4 Ship Date

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Notion 4 Ship Date

Postby Surfwhammy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:15 am

davidmesiha wrote:sorry to ruin your fun, but I have just solved the problem.

here is the solution in case others face the problem

1) go to your hard drive ~/library/application support/
2) select the folder 'Notion' and right click and choose get info
3) at the bottom press the unlock icon and enter your username and pass
4) Ensure that in the permissions section at the bottom the following is true

a) admin > has read&write privileges
b) your admin account name is there and it has > read & write privileges

once you've made these changes, click the icon below on the left corner and choose "Apply changes to subfolders"

Next go the folder Notion > Notion4 > Sounds > 'Bundled'

you will see a list of all the sound files.

select all, then right clock and choose open with Notion 4

now keep hitting ok until Notion is finished reinstalling all the sounds manually.

That solved it for me.

cheers

David

I run with Administrator privileges, so this was not a problem for me, per se, although I did the application installation first and did not get around to doing the bundled sounds install until I read your post . . .

[NOTE: I do not run with the Admin login account, but instead create a new account to which I assign all the Administrator permissions, privileges, and whatever else makes sense, which basically happens automagically, since it is a Mac, and this might be the difference, because Get Info shows that the Admin account privileges are incorrect, but my user account to which I assigned Administrator privileges has the correct permissions, privileges, and so forth, and this might be a bit of Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) weirdness that happens with new Macs but not with upgraded older Macs, although perhaps not. The hard drive I use is a new one that I cloned from the Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) primary drive using SuperDuper! (Shirt Pocket), and SuperDuper! does a bunch of truly fabulous stuff with respect to permissions, privileges, and whatever as part of its cloning procedure, so I am reserving judgment on this one until I get more information . . . ]

I did the procedure, but I probably did not need to do it, and I did not need to change permissions or privilege levels on any of the files . . .

So, there might be two problems, where the permissions and privilege levels problem depends on the way the specific Mac OS X user account is configured, while the path problem will depend on where you actually install the bundled files, but as noted the bundled sounds installer put the files in the correct location, although you can move them to a different location later . . .

The important thing is that both of these problems are easy to correct . . .

Lots of FUN! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby sepheritoh » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:05 am

I ran the sounds downloader and updater, but could not sitband stare at he computer screen for the 16 hours non-stop. Now Imdon't know if the download crashed or was interupted. Is there some way I can check?
sepheritoh

Postby fzd » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Yes, real problem for the download of the sounds : a 6 GB file is very large and I can download at 20 ko/s at this time ! (7:30 pm in Paris)
This is the third time I try to download the file, because the download stopped, so I have to download from the beginning...
Is it possible to have a file cut in several parts ?
Solo, Orchestral & Chamber Strings complete, Dimension Strings, Full instruments
EWQLSO & Choirs
2 x Mac Mavericks, RAM : 32 GB & 16 GB
Notion 4

http://www.francois-zawadzki-delissen.com
fzd

Postby Yves » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:38 pm

pcartwright wrote:Seriously though, I would write rules (as best I can) for Wivi and Synful (I own Wivi and will soon own Synful) if given the opportunity. Not to mention expanding my JABB rules and writing rules for Garritan's World Instruments.

Hi Pccartwright!
just a quick message to tell you that I posted my custom rules for Synful and Wivi Band...
http://forum.notionmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2446
You are more than welcome to test, improve and share your findings!!!
Notion 4/Sonar X3 producer/Reason 7-Akai EWI USB/Yamaha C2s
Synful/Wivi/VSL inst./Miroslav/GPO4/N3 Exp. Sounds/QL Solo Violin/Hauptwerk
EW Symphonic Choirs+VOP/Vocaloid 3 Prima+Tonio
QL Pianos/Garritan Steinway/EZKeys/Pianoteq 4
Waves/Clariphonic/Maag
Yves

Previous

Return to NOTION