Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 4 Ship Date

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Notion 4 Ship Date

Postby jim » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:47 am

there are some fixes and additions to N4 sounds....
jim

Postby Surfwhammy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:09 am

This is variation of "Over The Rainbow" (Harold Arlen, E.Y. Harburg) done in NOTION 4 on the Mac using MachFive 3 (MOTU) and Timeless 2 (FabFilter Software Instruments), which is fabulous . . .

[NOTE: Everything is 64-bits, and this is done in Mac OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion). The generated audio is 16-bits, but there are options for 24-bits and 32-bits, which is intriguing. And for reference, Timeless 2 is the most advanced echo plug-in on this planet, as well as being a personal favorite. The MachFive 3 instrument is a modified Jazz Guitar with a bit of Crunch, Tremolo, and Vibrato added to give it some vacuum-tube blur . . . ]

"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" (The Surf Whammys) -- WAV (10.3MB, 1411-kbps, approximately 58 seconds)

Fabulous! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby kvapka » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 am

if i buy boxed upgrade, will i able to download it too?

Will be some more info about N4? I expected more info then jim post in the forum. I want know, is in N4 something like automation parameters, or change midi data like cutoff or volume in some VST instrument?
kvapka

Postby posssu » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:16 am

When will a video of the update become available? I'd really like to see (or at least know) if you have access to Cc data in sequencer overlay? There's really little info (and no video) on the website)
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:00 pm

kvapka wrote:if i buy boxed upgrade, will i able to download it too?

Will be some more info about N4? I expected more info then jim post in the forum. I want know, is in N4 something like automation parameters, or change midi data like cutoff or volume in some VST instrument?

Due to the authorization process we can not offer download to box purchases. This version of Notion will not have automation parameters. I'll have to check on midi data cutoff for VSTs.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby pbourke » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi - If I purchase the download, do I have to also download the library of sounds or can I bypass those and just download Notion?

Thanks
Patrick
pbourke

Postby davidmesiha » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:51 pm

yes you can bypass downloading the sounds.

does anyone have a problem with kontakt 5 in N4? it seems to crash every time after loading an instrument.

os x 10.8.
davidmesiha

Postby jim » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:04 pm

pbourke wrote:Hi - If I purchase the download, do I have to also download the library of sounds or can I bypass those and just download Notion?

Thanks
Patrick

You must download the sounds...you will run into issues if you do not.
jim

Postby jim » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:06 pm

davidmesiha wrote:yes you can bypass downloading the sounds.

does anyone have a problem with kontakt 5 in N4? it seems to crash every time after loading an instrument.

os x 10.8.

Hi David...Josh here at Notion has been using Kontakt often with N4. He is going to reply to this post when he returns from lunch.
jim

Postby davidmesiha » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:09 pm

thanks, no problems and no rush. you guys have done a fantastic job. This was happening on my laptop. I will put it on my production workstation and see if I have the same problem.

thanks

David
davidmesiha

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION