Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 4 Ship Date

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Notion 4 Ship Date

Postby deanesque » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Sweetwater has the full version in their new catalog for $100.
deanesque

Re: No import video yet??

Postby kowloon12 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:59 am

pcartwright wrote:If rewire works without bugs then you should be able to use Notion with a video compatible DAW to do video scoring. I've been waiting a long time for Notion to properly sync with Reaper via rewire for this very reason. I hope the adjustments/enhancements to rewire will allow this.

It's maybe an acceptable compromise but certainly not a complete solution.. I spent lot of time trying to sync notion (v3) and reaper via rewire and other means, with also some esoteric solutions like a vst plugin that generates smpte time codes from notion, routed via a virtual audio cable to reaper which would have to synchronize to it.. obviously it was not working well..
remember that what I'm trying to accomplish is to play a video in sync with notion's playback, but it should be possible to use the live performance playback while the video goes on, to record a performance like a conductor play its orchestra while sees the scenes on the screen.. I don't think anything external could provide something like this.. God I'm so frustrated, I want so much to use this software for my scores, its live performance is something I've long waited for.. but how can I if I'm blind while playing? :/
kowloon12

Postby TOSCANINI » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:44 am

Agree, wait for the complete feature list, but no video import and no integration of new vst librairies... let me a little disappointing... :|

Hope great improvements for "import audio", midi tools, "sequencer overlay", and also that the drumpad entry tools to be compatible with GM MIDI drum mapping (unlike the Notion app...) to balance ! :D
TOSCANINI

Postby tomr » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Will the Notion 4 Upgrade be downloadable or disk only?
tomr

Postby TOSCANINI » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:24 am

tomr wrote:Will the Notion 4 Upgrade be downloadable or disk only?

Upgrade from Notion3 to Notion 4.0
$49 download
$59 boxed
TOSCANINI

Postby tomr » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:19 am

Perfect. Thanks.
tomr

Postby mac jones » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:15 am

dcd111 wrote:I may be in the minority, but for me, the decision whether to upgrade to Notion 4 is going to hinge almost entirely on how custom rules have been handled. .

That's one of the main reasons I bought Notion, and because of what you have pointed out I'm 'moving' to Sibelius.

I use Jonathan Loving's sound sets. I have them for the EWQL Hollywood series (Brass, Strings), Symphobia 1,2, and Brass , EWQLSO, Lass, VSL (not lovings), and a few others :D (quite an extensive list actually; Screw writing my own rules :D )

But I will still use Notion as it's own sounds are fantastic, and if they really improve the iPad app over the years I will definitely use that (presently Symphony Pro is better, but we shall see).
mac jones

Postby wcreed51 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:06 pm

I feel the same way... I do VBA programming as my day job, so the last thing I want to do in the meager amount of time I have for music is wade through thousands of lines of XML script.

No question that I'll be upgrading.

I did make a wonderful discovery over the weekend though, for those of us who have full VSL collections (not SE). If you load VSL SE instruments and open the VI interface, you see all the patch names, which makes it easy to replace them with the patches from full VSL collections. So this at least gives me compatibility there.
Last edited by wcreed51 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby TOSCANINI » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm

I'm deeply sorry to be agree with the last 3 messages...

I try to be positive about Notion 4... but since the announce of no new libraries...it's hard

And hope for updates also for Notion app... but not in few months...
TOSCANINI

Postby mac jones » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Perhaps if there's enough interest Notion would be tempted offer custom rules as paid add-on (don't jump on me for this).

Money is an incentive, and frankly I see no incentive if Notion 4 hasn't changed at all in this regard.
mac jones

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION