Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion and Progression Ship Date

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion and Progression Ship Date

Postby jim » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:39 pm

We are happy to announce that we will start shipping the new versions of Notion and Progression on October 31.

Here is the first look at some of the new features as well as some of the enhanced functions (in addition to tons of bug fixes) for Notion version 4...The new website will be launched soon with even more details.

•Native 64-bit Support (MAC and Windows)
•ReWire (64-bit) Host and Slave
•Interactive Entry Tools (Keyboard, Fretboard, Drum Pad, Chord Library)
•Compatibility with Both Notion and Progression iPad Apps
•Sequencer Overlay
•MIDI Overdub
•Import Audio
•Built-in Guitar Amp
•Improved MIDI Input
•Save as PDF
•User-Interface and printing
•Score and notation elements
•Improved Compatibility with MusicXML, MIDI, and Guitar Pro Files (ver. 3-5)
•Built-In Integration with VSL Special Edition Plus 1, 2, 3, and 4, Miroslav Philharmonik, and others...

We apologize for the delay. We hit a manufacturing snag and because of that we could not release it as early as we wanted. Thanks for your patience, we feel the stability of this product is by far the best yet.
jim

Re: Notion and Progression Ship Date

Postby jim » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:42 pm

Your Notion 3 expansion sounds will work in Notion 4
jim

Postby pmimran » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:20 pm

I am wondering if the new Notion4 will have edit facilities in order to edit part between staves , copy parts and bars
export selection as midi which would be great . I really hope they worked on edit functions

Thanks

PM
pmimran

Postby GaryExo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:38 am

Jim, I'm going to upgrade from Protégé to the full Notion application but would it make sense to postpone doing so until version 4 is available? I'm not clear about what costs might be involved. I understand there's an upgrade to version 3 for £69.95 but how does version 4 fit in to a potential upgrade from Protégé?

Many thanks.
GaryExo

Postby jim » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:18 pm

GaryExo wrote:Jim, I'm going to upgrade from Protégé to the full Notion application but would it make sense to postpone doing so until version 4 is available? I'm not clear about what costs might be involved. I understand there's an upgrade to version 3 for £69.95 but how does version 4 fit in to a potential upgrade from Protégé?

Many thanks.

Hi... Unfortunately there will not be an upgrade path from Protege to Notion 4. Protege has been discontinued for a long time. However, Notion 4 will have an introductory download price of $99. So I would hold off on upgrading Notion3 and pay the little extra for Notion 4.
jim

Postby GaryExo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks, Jim. Yes, I'll be waiting to get version 4.
GaryExo

Postby GaryExo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:45 pm

I just went to look for the new Notion 4 and was dismayed by your pricing. After telling me that it would be available for $99, it appears to be available to me for $134 just because I'm in the UK! What the hell? Everyone else is getting a $99 deal but the UK and Europe is being forced to pay £83 (which is $134 right now) and that's for an electronic download version so that means it's exactly the same product. How do you justify this?
GaryExo

Return to NOTION