Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Maybe I'm missing something?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Maybe I'm missing something?

Postby Luc » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi,

Coming from Finale 2004,I got Notion2 just before the upgrade to 3 was available. So I decided to wait installing and using it untill I received the upgrade.
Used Finale 2004 for engraving. I intend to use Notioin for engraving (arrangements and compositions) and composing.

My questions:

1. I cannot changes any fonts, except the style between 'standard' and 'jazz'.
When I read the Notion2 manual, in the Page Setup window there is a Score Fonts tab. I can't find this in Notion3, nor can I find a possibility to change the font and font size when using text.
At the Add Title, Credits, header or Footer tab, I can choose a Text Style, but can I alter this font types or sizes?
Am I missing something? This seems quite important to me when engraving to adapt the scores to my 'house style'.

2. At the rehearsel signes, can I alter the numbers/characters under the Primo and the Secundo? I have scores with the Primo saying '1.2.3.' and the Secundo '4.' or 'On cue'.

3. This is more something for a 'Whish list': I'd like to have the possibility to have the rehearsal sign '||:' and ':||' with the curly flags above and beneath them (hope you understand what I mean - can I else upload an grahical file with an picture?) as the rehearsal signs will stand out more in the score, with is easier for musicians to find them quickely.

Thanks for helping me out.
I 've been waiting and looking forward to get Notion3, and I hope to create and have performed some fine music with it in the near future.

Greetings,
Luc
Luc

Return to NOTION