Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion & East West Symphonic Orchestra

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion & East West Symphonic Orchestra

Postby mbeaumont » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:00 pm

I started a score in notion 3 using the notion 3 soundsets. I then wanted to change the instruments over to the East West Platinum Soundsets.

Notion 3 keeps crashing when loading the instruments and has suddenly become unstable.

Anyone else having problems?

EWQ - SO PLAT / SC / GOLIAH / VP / SD2 / GPO 4 ARIA / Q6600 Quad Core @2.40 – 8 Gig Ram / M-Audio Delta 1010LT / Vista Ultimate 64B / Sibelius 6 / Sonar 8.3 / LoopBE 30 / IP Midi / Jbridge / Notion 3
mbeaumont

Re: Notion & East West Symphonic Orchestra

Postby solo1 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:33 pm

mbeaumont,

Check your memory usage while loading. I have 12 gigs of ram and I can't even load all of the EW patches in 16-bit mode without running out of memory. That will definitely cause Notion to behave like that.

I'm hoping to use Vienna Ensemble pro to spread it between my two machines, but VE Pro doesn't recognize channel changes from Notion.

Brian
solo1

Postby francois_harel » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:49 am

Hi Mike,
Happy to meet you on this forum.
I also bought N3 and started to discover it.
N3 remains a x32 application so you have to face of the memory limit of an x32 application.
Do you use Jbridge?
I recently bought it but didn't use for now.
You probably can use Jbridge or Loopbe30 to control PLAY as a stand-alone x64 application.

Regarding N3 and EWQLSO, N3 don't use Master instruments. Instead, (I think...) it uses a midi channel approach which every different articulations is loaded on different midi channel. So it probably uses a different instance of your player for each different instrument!!!

I tied to change sounds from N3 to EWQLSO and had some succes but yes, I am able to bust my memory... like you !

We all need a real x64 Notator that can directly control x64 plugin !

Again, as I recently discover Jbridge, maybe this small software can resolves my problem.

Francois, Montreal
QX9650 3.0 GHz on Asus Maximus Formula, 8Gbytes, 4 SATA2 drives on Vista x64.
Finale 2011b, Sonar PE 8.5.2, KP2, K3 and K4, fullGPO, JABB, CoMB
EWQLSO Silver and Plat+ on PLAY 2.0.25
Edirol UA-1000, M-Audio Keystation Pro 88
francois_harel

Postby dgriffee » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:06 pm

I submitted a bug report and got a very prompt response back from the folks a NotionMusic which I think will address this issue. It looks like a pretty easy fix for them to get done quickly, to use the EWQL master keyswitch instruments instead so that the Notion presets won't tank all our machines. I say "easy fix" because the Notion development team only needs to tweek a config file at their end to do the trick, as opposed to some more difficult kind of problem down in their code. They said that we can expect another patch release that should fix this right away.
dgriffee

Return to NOTION