Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Rules file creation?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Rules file creation?

Postby solo1 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:48 am

Play works superbly within Notion. When I apply a 'pizz' text marking Play switches to channel 10 and plays the appropriate sample.

Now I load that same Play .ewi instrument into Vienna ensemble Pro, but the pizz marking is ignored and the strings continue on as butter legato. Though 'p' and 'fff' type markings work.

I've even tried it with Kontakt 3 with one instrument on channel one and one on channel 10 but it seems Notion's channel change is not getting sent even though both external instruments are set to receive properly on Omni.

I know I can just make the instrument switch inside Notion but I'd rather use the inbuilt text markings at the bottom. I have a feeling this can be fixed with rules creation but I know Lubo has just gone overseas and we won't know how to do this until he returns.

So anyone else out there figured this out or could suggest a solution to this problem?

Brian
solo1

Re: Rules file creation?

Postby Novatlan » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:10 pm

Maybe I am just plain dumb, but how do you load play in Vienna Ensemble Pro?
I though Play is not compatible to VE? At least they say so on the Vienna website.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby solo1 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Yes, it works.

Just load up Play or as many instances as you need. You will receive different errors based on whether you are loading the 32-bit or 64-bit version. Ignore them. Don't try to actually load any instruments at this point.

Save the project, close it, then reload it. All of your play instances will open and be ready to load samples into.
solo1

Postby Novatlan » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:08 pm

That's interesting, thank you!
Are there noticable performance improvements when running VE Pro on the same Computer versus just directly loading the VSTs in Notion?
I have lots of RAM problems in Logic when loading samples, so I am thinking about buying VE Pro while its discounted.
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
Novatlan

Postby solo1 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:33 pm

Don't know about performance increases. But I use the 64-bit VE Pro and this allows me to access all 12 gigs of ram on my Vista64 system. Can't say on a Mac. I have a Mac Pro with Logic 9 but hardly ever use it for music production - just audio post with Nuendo. It's probably why I use Cubase 5 on the PC. I just know it better.
solo1

Postby Novatlan » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:43 pm

Thanks!
Difficult decision... I hope Notion will arrive on my doorstep tomorrow, then I'll try to load Play directly in Notion. If the performance is poor, I'll probably get VE.
Novatlan

Return to NOTION