Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Auto note head change for drum notation?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Auto note head change for drum notation?

Postby slipperman » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:13 am

Hello,

I'm concurrently exploring the Notion3 and Notion for ipad with the primary purpose of writing drum parts. I have downloaded the N3 demo and purchased the basic Nfi. In Notion 3 I was anticipating that note heads would change depending on to which specific note line I enter the note (according to PAS standard) and that stem directions would be possible to control along with that. However I can find where these controls are set. I have tried to locate the information in the user guide but I can't seem to find it.

Is there anyone out there who can give me a hint or two how to accomplish this?

For PAS reference please refer to this link.
slipperman

Re: Auto note head change for drum notation?

Postby thorrild » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Slipperman,

From the User Guide (Help menu):

Alternate noteheads: page 8.14.
Stem direction: page 10.4.

Once you've armed the cursor with an alternate notehead (by pressing X after the duration key), it stays that way as long as you keep entering notes, even if you change to a different note value. But if you enter, say, an articulation or a tie, and then go back to entering notes, Notion reverts to standard notation, and you have to press the X key to get to the desired notehead again. You can also enter an entire passage, and then highlight it and press the X key to change all noteheads in the selection with one key stroke.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Re: Auto note head change for drum notation?

Postby slipperman » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:08 pm

OK, thanks for clearing that out! As drum note heads are variant with the line to which it is put, it would make entry significantly easier if there would be a "line context" sensitivity to the entry tool. But I understand the method currently available.

//Per
slipperman

Return to NOTION