Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Miroslav Philharmonik

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik

Postby ducatibruce » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:34 am

sobiesiak wrote:I just got the latest update for Notion 3 and the presets for Miroslav Philharmonik became available (original problem solved). However, now I don't have any sounds from the presets. The only sound I get from any of the presets is a piano sound. No Miroslav instuments. Anyone have any ideas?

Exactly the same thing here on XP Pro SP3 & you can't open the VST interface to change from the piano sound either.
ducatibruce

Postby GeorgePaul » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:22 pm

Allow me to join the club. I am testing Miroslav Philarmonik on Windows XP PRO SP 3, and I am able to create a score from scratch using Miroslav, but I cannot change sounds in any score. I tried Lubo’s procedure presented in the VSTi Presets video with no results.
GeorgePaul

Postby ericsandmeyer » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:34 pm

I am in the same boat. Have the latest updates and no Miraslav presets. I am on a Macbook Pro. Hope this is an easy fix since I would love to see how Miraslav works with all the various artiulations, etc. Not sure how to set it all up manually.
ericsandmeyer

Postby astinov » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Hello everyone,

Just letting you know, this should be fixed for the next update.

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby dcoscina » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:59 pm

astinov wrote:Hello everyone,

Just letting you know, this should be fixed for the next update.

Thanks

Lubo Astinov

Cool Lubo. BTW, a little OT but I liked your compositions in the online demos. Nice work! Are you a fan of Prokofiev? He's my personal fave. Like I said, a little OT.

I'm looking foward to re-using Miro with NOTION3 soon! :)
dcoscina

Postby astinov » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:21 am

Thank you for the kind words. Yeah I do like Prokofiev although I am probably a bigger Shostakovich fan, when it comes to the great Russian composers :)
astinov

Re: Disappearing Settings.

Postby ulrichburke » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Dear Everyone.

Just a thought - assuming you've got the original installation disks, why not just reinstall it? Sure it's a chore, but it's easier than sitting around moaning it can't find anything, right?

You've got to remember that the Philharmonik player is basically a skinned Sampletank (someone's gonna jump on me for saying that, but that's the truth of it!) and as such has some of the Sampletank probs. left behind. Including forgetting where its instruments are.

Now it's lost my instruments twice - WinXP Pro SP3. The first time, I just used Total Uninstall to - er - totally uninstall it, then re-installed it. Worked fine until I tried installing something else it didn't like. The second time I just went to PREFS (in the interface), then ROOT (to select where its root directory is) then made sure RELIST ON STARTUP was selected (to make sure it found its instruments every time it restarted.)

Again, works fine now! Incidentally, you can run Miroslav Orch. sounds within Sampletank, with a bit of tweaking. Gives you 2 orchs. for the price of 1.

Yours respectfully

ulrichburke
ulrichburke

Previous

Return to NOTION