Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion...ver. 4

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Notion...ver. 4

Postby pcartwright » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:44 am

Francois2010 wrote:I have no doubt about the sincerity and honesty of directors, but they seem totally incapable of understanding the importance of ongoing communication with customers.

Not true. The folks at Notion have laid out their policy that they won't give specifics until the product is released. We don't have to like the policy, but Kyle has done a good job explaining this.
pcartwright

Postby pcartwright » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:47 am

Francois2010 wrote:I'm pretty patient

LOL. No. None if us are very patient at the moment. Even Thorrid is a little bit anxious.

Quite frankly, your posts have never given the impression of patience (I'm not any better, but let's not fool ourselves).
pcartwright

Postby Francois2010 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:09 am

pcartwright wrote:[...]The folks at Notion have laid out their policy that they won't give specifics until the product is released.

I do not ask that at all! I ask only a few indications, especially when it was announced delayed somewhat.

And yes I am patient. I'm quite happy with the current state of Notion3. This is not a problem for me to wait. I repeat that I prefer the update be announced when they are ready.

And I'll buy the new version as soon as it ... is ready.
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Postby pcartwright » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:14 am

What is the difference between "a few indications" and "specifics"? Where do you draw the line? The fact is that there not a firm definition the separates "a few indications" from product "specifics."
pcartwright

Postby pcartwright » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:17 am

Also, they have given us some information. A post on facebook and on the forum gave a rough release date of mid October, Kyle provided price points... perhaps it's just that they're not giving "indications" on items that you want to see?
pcartwright

Postby thorrild » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:52 am

pcartwright wrote: Even Thorrid [sic] is a little bit anxious.

Anxious? Well, maybe.

I think I'm mostly excited about the upcoming version — as I've been prompted to be in several posts by Notion staff. My feelings about this waiting game center mostly on the unseemly hounding of Notion by some forum members. Posts containing upgrade information generate one thing: More questions. Understandable, perhaps, but nonetheless a situation Notion doesn't want.

I won't fool myself into thinking that my purchase of Notion entitles me to demand anything at all from the company. I have already received more than what I paid for: A program that allows me to do work that I couldn't do as well without it, with the added bonus of a terrific flow of maintenance upgrades and the most dedicated and capable tech support I've seen anywhere. The pleasure of reading posts from pcartwright and others is also tangible, and it makes up for all the posts that make me groan.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby davidmesiha » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:13 am

Come on guys, let's take it easy. This is all because of excitement due to the amazing job that the notion team did with notion 3.
It is simply curiosity about what's about to land on our desks and curiosity about which features are coming now and which will wait.
I, for one, understand that not all features requested will be here and that's more than reasonable, but I want to be able to work only within notion and the sooner I can do it the better, that's all...
There is no sense of entitlement or demands.

Mainly I want to see if I will be able to do work for film either all within notion or with 64bit support for rewire in 64bit with other apps that I use for film scoring.

Either way, I'm grateful for the work notion has been doing to support all of us and yes, they do have the best and most dedicated support team I have ever seen.

Cheers to all
David
davidmesiha

Postby cr3ator84 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:36 am

will Notion 4 support the expansion sounds?
cr3ator84

Postby klushund » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:24 am

Personally I hope, they will sell a the new Notion with all features working as bug-less as possible. And if there are bugs, the Notion team should fix it (as they did in the beginning of Notion 3). It was a big pain for me that they stopped releasing maintenance releases year(s) ago, bringing out the app on the iPad but not solving so many problems (e.g. rewire).
So let us enjoy waiting for "Notion Christmas". Hopefully we get many presents (in terms of new functionality)! :)
klushund

Postby Admin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:46 am

davidmesiha wrote:Come on guys, let's take it easy. This is all because of excitement due to the amazing job that the notion team did with notion 3.
It is simply curiosity about what's about to land on our desks and curiosity about which features are coming now and which will wait.
I, for one, understand that not all features requested will be here and that's more than reasonable, but I want to be able to work only within notion and the sooner I can do it the better, that's all...
There is no sense of entitlement or demands.

Mainly I want to see if I will be able to do work for film either all within notion or with 64bit support for rewire in 64bit with other apps that I use for film scoring.

Either way, I'm grateful for the work notion has been doing to support all of us and yes, they do have the best and most dedicated support team I have ever seen.

Cheers to all
David

Update for you all....we are currently finalizing the installers and are about to send them off for manufacturing.

I think we mentioned the 64-bit info previously. N4 is 64 bit and supports 64 bit ReWire.

And yes your expansion sounds from N3 will transfer over to N4.

Should have a release date for you all early next week.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION