Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion...ver. 4

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion...ver. 4

Postby jim » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:01 am

Just thought I would share with everyone else... I've been using the newest version of Notion for a project during the final stages of beta testing. Notion running in 64-bit with VSL SE 1-4 is great...and fast, also I prefer the new MIDI real time entry/record as well. Looking forward to everyone else checking it out soon. Waiting for updated info on manufacturing...this will allow us to announce a date. We are supposed to know this Friday. I've got my fingers crossed that it's out by mid-Oct. Thank you to all the beta testers who put time in helping us prepare this, and thanks for the positive feedback.
And to further update everyone... Along side the upcoming new release of Notion we will be releasing Progression 2.0... With tons of new features and a brand new look and feel. And... as soon as these are wrapped up it is full steam ahead on the iPad products. We will aggressively update these as quickly as we can. MIDI, audio out, more interactive touch screen functions, and much much more. Basically, our next goal with the iPad products is to get those equal to the desktop products as quickly as possible.
So... more info coming soon...Kyle (admin) had to take a few days off...but towards the end of this week and next week he will be releasing some more info. We are a small team who have all been beyond swamped...sorry for the lack of up-to-date info. Thank you for your patience and support of our products.
Attachments
n4.png
n4.png (310.39 KiB) Viewed 20989 times
jim

Re: Notion...ver. 4

Postby DaddyO » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:52 am

Thanks.

Hmm... (NOT hummm!).

If the only thing left to do is production then perhaps we can start seeing some information on new and changed features, more screen shots, etc. Of course 64 bit is the big one.

Postby TOSCANINI » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Grrreat news ! Happy to have announcements !

Now that you open pandora's box (for our great pleasure !) give us complete improvements in notion 4 !

Better midi edition/pianoroll) ?
New VST orchestral libraries support like Symphobia, Lass or others (among VSL SE 1,2,3,4 that is really great) ? And also non classical vst like Kontakt 5 librairy ?

About this, i haven't buy VSL SE 3 and 4, but i'v buy some dvd and download instruments before they release it, these dvd and download instruments are now part of VSL SE 3/4, can i use them in Notion 4 with VSL SE 3/4 rules ?

And, among all, thank you very much for this great news !
TOSCANINI

Postby mrarnesen » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Exciting!

Do owners of ver. 3 have to buy the new version at full price?
Logic Pro 9, Kontakt 5, Notion 4, Requiem Light, Mercury Symphonic Boychoir, Emotional Piano, Miroslav Philharmonik.
mrarnesen

Postby mac jones » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Fantastic! Thank you so much for this upcoming release. I love this program and am eagerly looking forward to
this new version.

Kudos ++
mac jones

Postby lpgut » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:22 pm

I'm assuming that certain 32-bit plugins (like Miroslav Philharmonik, which I love working with in NOTION) will not work within the 64-bit environment - but there will be a 32-bit alternate for older VSTs. Is this correct?

I wish IK would update their player! :!:
lpgut

TAB input

Postby snake » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:58 am

Will TAB input be improved?

e.g.

Number keys for note entry, arrow keys for Navigation.

i.e. The exact same system as PowerTAB, Guitar Pro and Sibelius?

Your current method is awkward and time consuming
snake

Postby thorrild » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:16 am

For those among us who can't wait, there are some opportunities to get more details on the next version of Notion, if you are in the right place at the right time (message from Sept. 3, copied from Notion's Facebook page):

Want to see the newest products in action before everyone else? If you are in the UK this week you can. The following events below are showing the newest versions of Notion and Progression. Stop by and get all the details before anyone else, and don't forget to say hello to the guys in our UK office.

September 3rd - Bolton Music Services Hub (covering 9 music services in the Greater Manchester area and Liverpool)
4th - Oxford Music Service Conference
5th - Berkshire Music Service Conference
6th- Scottish Association of Music Educators (SAME) - Annual Conference

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Francois2010 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:25 am

N3 offices are not in USA?
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Postby DaddyO » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:48 am

Just curious, why would details about the upcoming product be shared with people who are able to attend live sessions in the UK but withheld from others? I'm sure there are reasons. They may be such that they cannot be publicly acknowledged (it's easier to discard a not-yet-ready-for-prime-time feature mentioned in front of a few than published to many), or they may be entirely practical and readily apparent (limited staff has as yet prevented the ability to format detailed information for public consumption). But if they can be shared, it would be interesting to hear them. There is so much interest in Notion 4, and the wait has been so long, one would think that Notion would be anxious for preliminary details to get into the hands of its customers.

Next

Return to NOTION