Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion...ver. 4

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Notion...ver. 4

Postby bogdan1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi Funkybot,
You can call it in any way...but still no references about what new version contains or what library supports ...an "agressive" marketing can be also the opposit - keeping clientes in a state of expectation by alluding a final realease. Anyway, I don't have anything with Notion Team..just curious about their new product, since I have bought all of their previous versions up to now and wrote music in each of them !!
As I said, was just a remark of what I've inclined to think about their late announcements ....
Best,
B
bogdan1

Postby Francois2010 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Personally, I think it is better to advertise products that are ready, rather than announcing that they will be ready.
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Postby deanesque » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:51 pm

bogdan1 wrote: ...an "agressive" marketing can be also the opposit - keeping clientes in a state of expectation by alluding a final realease.

I can't see how that is the situation here.
deanesque

Postby bogdan1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Hey guys,
I just expressed what I thought it might be in regards to TOSCANINI concerns....However, if you like, everything's fine here and according to plan!!
Again, was just an opinion....
Thanks
bogdan1

Postby rycho72 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:43 am

HI everybody
It would be great to make garritans JABB 3 support in new version of Notion. WIth all available artculations, of course. It is cheap and great sound library...

best regards
N3 user
rycho72

Postby rycho72 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:24 pm

One more
IN N3 you have only a few articulations for whole sound library (f. ex. Garritan, EWQLSO). It is completely unused. You should make possibility to use every available articulations for all instruments separately (like for N3 sounds), otherwise other sound libraries are... unused.
rycho72

Postby Admin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Francois2010 wrote:Personally, I think it is better to advertise products that are ready, rather than announcing that they will be ready.

In the world of software development discussing features and specifics before the product is "on the shelf" for sale can be QUITE disastrous. A lesson we do not intend on "learning the hard way."
Admin
Site Admin

Postby pcartwright » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:14 pm

I'm inclined to agree with Kyle on this one. I remember when I saw an announcement for Garritan Orchestral Strings 2, but it was never released. It was very disappointing, so as much as I want more info and as impatient as I am, I think it's best to trust the folks at Notion on this one.
pcartwright

Postby wcreed51 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:20 pm

I can't imagine that the feature set isn't fixed in stone by this time. If not, a mid October release is a fantasy.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Francois2010 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:07 am

wcreed51 wrote:I can't imagine that the feature set isn't fixed in stone by this time. If not, a mid October release is a fantasy.

Agree

It seems to me quite impossible to Notion3 (for now) is to make improvements on some specific points by offering sub-version put before; most important update. The result is that the number of enhancement requests can be very large. There are also requests for changes that are unanswered and we do not know the reaction of directors. It may be quite normal that this causes some concern before the advent of a new version.
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION