Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 4.....

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Notion 4.....

Postby Surfwhammy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:35 pm

achambily wrote:
Admin wrote:While we've done some work on the existing rules and libraries supported there will not be any new libraries added with this release.

Please explain ?!

There are several possible scenarios, but the most intriguing scenario here in the sound isolation studio is that NOTION 4.0 will provide full support for VST 3.5.1 (Steinberg), which once you understand the vast importance of VST 3.5.1 makes the general concept of having rules and all that stuff moot, since host applications that support VST 3.5.1 can query slave applications which also support VST 3.5.1 and ask for a complete list of what the slave application does with respect to articulations and so forth, which is mind-bogglingly awesome, since at least in theory it can include the ability to do in situ editing of the way individual notes are played . . .

VST Expression (Steinberg)

Whether this will happen early in the life cycle of NOTION 4.x is another matter, but (a) the potential certainly is there and (b) I think it clearly is the industry trend for the future . . .

Full support for ReWire 2 (Propellerhead Software) is another vastly important scenario, although more in terms of significantly enhanced MIDI capabilities . . .

"Whip It!" (Devo) -- YouTube music video

"Relax" (Frankie Goes To Hollywood) -- YouTube music video

"She Blinded Me With Science" (Thomas Dolby) -- YouTube music video

Lots of FUN! :P
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby achambily » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:49 am

anyway, my 49 euros are ready for you :)
Notion, Cubase 7, EWQLSO Gold, VSL SE
Win7 x64, I7 Dell studio laptop, 8GB RAM
M-Audio FTP
M-Audio KeyStudio 25
Clavinova CLP 811
Sennheiser e840
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Yamaha HS50M

http://chambily.com/
http://soundcloud.com/axel-casadesus/sets
achambily

Postby mikhail » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:25 am

Admin wrote:
wcreed51 wrote:> What difference will it make whether you know of the new features now

To some people it makes quite a difference, as it effects other things they might be considering. For instance, a particular library might be on sale right now. Will N4 support it? Rather important to know. Etc.

While we've done some work on the existing rules and libraries supported there will not be any new libraries added with this release.

... which possibly means the efforts have been concentrated on the fundamentals of what a notation software is supposed to offer : notation and global interpretation (with n-staff for example). Not exactly what I would complain for ;) .

Michaël
mikhail

Postby cr3ator84 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:34 am

will the current expansion sounds work with Notion 4?
cr3ator84

Postby pcartwright » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:12 am

Admin wrote:While we've done some work on the existing rules and libraries supported there will not be any new libraries added with this release.

I doubt the admin can/will answer this, but will users have greater ability to customize other libraries? That is, will users be able to add "support" to other libraries through greater customization?
pcartwright

Previous

Return to NOTION