Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

How to drag multiple durations with sequencer overlay

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

How to drag multiple durations with sequencer overlay

Postby dcf16 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi there,

Today is my first day with Notion and I love it. No more complicated setup of multiple sound libraries like I've always had to do in Sibelius.

However, there is something I'd love to know how to do but can't figure it out.

I've got a Clarinet part (which to my ears sounds the best in Miroslav rather than the Notion 3 sounds or EastWest, which I also have). However, there are sections where it needs to sound smoother (like all the notes are in one breath rather than separate breaths for each note). I have put a slur over the notes and this doesn't make it sound any different.

I've found I can get the effect I want if I push TAB and make the sequencer overlay the stave. If I drag each note duration out a little longer with the 'MIDI' bar into the next note it helps things sound smoother. However, I don't want to do this for each note in a phrase, I want to do it for multiple notes. However, I can't figure out how to select multiple notes, and drag their durations for them all at once.

If anyone knows the solution to my problem that'd be great. Alternatively, if there are any other tips to 'humanise' the performance that'd be much appreciated.

Kind regards, Duncan
dcf16

Re: How to drag multiple durations with sequencer overlay

Postby thorrild » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:46 am

Hi Duncan,

I use the same technique (extending durations for better legato) quite frequently, but I haven't found any way to affect more than one entry at a time. I agree that it would be nice to hold down, say, the Shift key to select more than one duration bar. Editing a highlighted section of entries with a command like, "Change Duration to X %" or "Change Duration by X Milliseconds." would be handy as well. But they don't exist.

Fortunately, we are told that the folks at Notion read everything posted here, so let's hope that they will think about adding better editing options in the future.

If you want be absolutely sure that your thoughts are logged as an actual feature request, you should sent an email to Brian at Notion. His address is support@notionmusic.com

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Re: How to drag multiple durations with sequencer overlay

Postby dcf16 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks for this - just sent an email off so hopefully we'll see this in a future update
dcf16

Return to NOTION