Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

N3 Sound Kits Bump

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

N3 Sound Kits Bump

Postby DrH » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:24 pm

I can't find the posting right off the bat, but a few weeks back, Notion assured those of us who already own the appropriate N2 Sound Kit (or, like me, all of them) that we would (a) not be expected to purchase the separate N3 Sound Kits currently available in the store, and (b) recieve an email with instructions on how to download the N3 kits.

Can we expect that email soon? Did I miss a posting here that told us how to do it?

Thnx!

DrH
DrH

Re: N3 Sound Kits Bump

Postby DrH » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Just another bump to keep this issue alive. :-)
DrH

Postby Bird Tune » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:35 pm

DrH, I am watching this closely, too I have a couple compostions in N2 I want to put into N3 and this will be vital to me, as they are sounds effects not currently in N3. However, if they said it will happen it will. I must say they have been pretty good about stuff like that in the past, sometimes a bit slower than we'd like, but always there in the end.

bird tune
Bird Tune

Postby astinov » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:20 am

Hello everyone,

I want to assure you we are definitely going to take care of our NOTION2 customers, the way we have always done in the past. We are working out the details for distributing those soundkits, there are issues that we need to resolve first. Once again, I do ask for your patience, it has only been a couple of weeks or so since the product started shipping, please hang on, rest assured we're working towards it.

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby dcoscina » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:28 am

Thanks Lubo! I was one of many who bought every soundkit for Notion2 so I am glad that we're being looked after as far as upgrades are concerned. :)
dcoscina

Postby DrH » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:05 am

I, too, have every Sound Kit and also add my thanks as well, Lubo.

Two questions while we have your ear:

1. Will *every* instrument/playing technique that was in the N2 Kits be re-recorded, if they haven't been already?

2. Is there a definitive list of what playing techniques by instrument of what we already have with N3 that could be made availabe to us so that we don't have to attach a technique and see for ourselves?

Thnx again!

DrH
DrH

Postby astinov » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:53 am

Hi DrH,

1. Will *every* instrument/playing technique that was in the N2 Kits be re-recorded, if they haven't been already?

The goal is, we first will provide you with the same sounds you already own, adjusted to work for N3, so you can playback your scores properly. The N3 versions of those sounds
are the close mic'd, they would have to be redone and that will take some time. I wish I could give you an ETA, but I can not.

2. Is there a definitive list of what playing techniques by instrument of what we already have with N3 that could be made availabe to us so that we don't have to attach a technique and see for ourselves?

Yes, we will be preparing something more "user-friendly" than what we use here internally and will post it when ready.

Regards,

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby DrH » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Lubo,

Sounds great!

Mucho thanks!

DrH
DrH

Return to NOTION