Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Select text entries and change font size?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Select text entries and change font size?

Postby noise1010 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:19 pm

I wrote some lyrics measure by measure using the "text" tool and not the "lyric" tool (as I had not annotated the melody). I would like to now change the size if possible, but I can only change it one entry at a time. I can select all the text entries, but can't change all of them at once. Am I stuck changing each individually?

Also, is there a best practices method of adding lyrics for which there is not yet a melody line notated?

Thanks for any help.

Gus
noise1010

Re: Select text entries and change font size?

Postby thorrild » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:48 am

Gus,

Assuming you know the rhythm of the vocal line, notate that rhythm on any pitch you like, add lyrics with the lyrics tool, and finally silence the dummy pitches by selecting them and then right-clicking (Mac: also ctrl-clicking) in the highlighted area and select Notes > Set As Tacet. The notes will turn gray and you won't hear them, but you can still read the lyrics.

If you don't have the rhythm yet, perhaps it's too early to try to notate anything. A legal pad should do. ;)

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to NOTION