Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Cannot find Vienna Ensemble Pro

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Cannot find Vienna Ensemble Pro

Postby alexg » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:51 pm

Hi,

I want to use Notion3 with VSL SE and VE Pro 5 but when I load a relevant template I get an error message saying that VE Pro cannot be found. I loaded the 32-bit VE Pro Server prior to opening Notion but this doesn't help.

(Note that I'm on Win 7 64-bit but I assume I can't use the 64-bit VE Pro Server with Notion since it is 32-bit only).

I've also placed the VSL fxp files into the VSL Custom Data folder but they don't appear as presets once the template has loaded (although this could be a result of Notion not finding the VE Pro Server.

As far as I recall, I have installed all my VSL products into default directores. The only thing that I altered was the location of the actual instrument samples as I distributed them across a couple of drives.

if anyone can give me a few pointers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Alex
alexg

Re: Cannot find Vienna Ensemble Pro

Postby alexg » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:04 am

I found the problem. VSL loaded the 32-bit dlls into the Steinberg sub-directory under Common Riles rather than my usual Steinberg directory. Once I browsed to this directory with the VST Manager everything was found.

Thanks to me for solving my own problem.
alexg

Re: Cannot find Vienna Ensemble Pro

Postby wcreed51 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:20 am

The 64-bit VE Pro Server is what you DO want to use, and allows your samples to run in the large memory space, even though Notion is 32 bit.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Return to NOTION