Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

A few problems with notion

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

A few problems with notion

Postby artsoul » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi Folks,
I haven't been here for a while ( I had to reregister as I completely forget all my logins ),
I am having a few troubles with Notion ....I would be very grateful for help.

1.. How do I increase the length of time a fermata pauses for? ( hopefully without learning the " conducting " features
2... I played a part in via midi nd I want it to follow the dynamics markings ( in this case double forte not my playing velocity ( my master keyboard has a very hard action ( Fantom S88 )) the velocity changing I have been doing in notion is very fiddly )
3...... I am putting a pppp in the beginning of the score for a pizz cello and it seems to be doing very little pppp.....in fact all the dynamics seem to be off a fair bit.

I am using GPO 4 ( which doesn't seem to give me tremolos on individual strings ( solo violin etc. )
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Andy
artsoul

Re: A few problems with notion

Postby artsoul » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:55 pm

Also. Any advice on automating the mixer channels on notion?
A
artsoul

Postby artsoul » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Also.....how on earth do I add extra pages to the score I've never got a handle on this ( apologies if this has been answered I'm using an iPad and the search function doesn't work correctly for this forum )

Another couple of points

I frequently want to copy and paste sections yet the copy indicator won't move any further than the visible screen......this is supremely annoying ....how do I do this?
I would like notion to NEVER keep my midi velocities when recording....any solutions?
I would like notion to keep my sound when I play parts in......ie.....if I am working in pizz I want it to let me play pizz not arco

Andy
artsoul

Postby pcartwright » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 pm

You are using Notion for iPad, correct?
pcartwright

Postby artsoul » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:10 am

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.......no I am using on PC ....I am having trouble searching the forum using an iPad..
( I have notion for iPad but I'm not using it for this project )
Andy
artsoul

Postby kvapka » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:49 am

artsoul wrote:Hi Folks,

1.. How do I increase the length of time a fermata pauses for? ( hopefully without learning the " conducting " features
2... I played a part in via midi nd I want it to follow the dynamics markings ( in this case double forte not my playing velocity ( my master keyboard has a very hard action ( Fantom S88 )) the velocity changing I have been doing in notion is very fiddly )
3...... I am putting a pppp in the beginning of the score for a pizz cello and it seems to be doing very little pppp.....in fact all the dynamics seem to be off a fair bit.

Andy

hi
1. double click on fermata and set duration
2. i think this is not possible in notion, but i never record midi notes with keyboard, maybe i am wrong
3. try double click on pppp and write -0.1 or -1 (number 1 is maximum but if no change try bigger number) for example ''pppp-0.2'' if you want louder pppp set +0.1 for example ''pppp+0.1''
kvapka

Postby kvapka » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:00 am

artsoul wrote:Also.....how on earth do I add extra pages to the score I've never got a handle on this ( apologies if this has been answered I'm using an iPad and the search function doesn't work correctly for this forum )

what are extra pages?

artsoul wrote:I frequently want to copy and paste sections yet the copy indicator won't move any further than the visible screen......this is supremely annoying ....how do I do this?

there are shortcut for copy-paste i dont know hot to say it in english, it is ctrl+D - you dont need make ctrl+C and ctrl+V but it is for horizontal not vertical.

artsoul wrote:I would like notion to NEVER keep my midi velocities when recording....any solutions?

you can erase velocities - select what you want and go to Tools>Clear Velocities, but turn off keeping velocities i dont know how.

artsoul wrote:I would like notion to keep my sound when I play parts in......ie.....if I am working in pizz I want it to let me play pizz not arco

i think this is impossible in N3 because N3 dont have sample player and it change samples in playback.
kvapka

Postby Christina91 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:38 am

have #3 problem two!
gonna try that double click etc
i'll let you know how that works out!
Christina91

Postby artsoul » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:30 am

Thank you a huge amount :) ....the fermatas are working a lot better....the clear velocities works too. :) ( solving I think m dynamics marking issue ).
My problem selecting events outside the screen is still there ....I have to zoom out as far as it will go and try to select there.
By adding pages I mean to just add more pages than the 2 that appear as standard in a new file.

Andy
artsoul

Postby thorrild » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:42 am

By adding pages I mean to just add more pages than the 2 that appear as standard in a new file.

Pages are added automatically when you add measures to your file. To add measures, press the "i" key and click away at the end of the last bar, until you have enough empty measures for your needs. Or add them as you go...

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Next

Return to NOTION