Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Rewire 64bit

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Rewire 64bit

Postby labou » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi,

Cubase 6.5 just brought compatibility to Reason 6 by supporting the new Rewire 64bit, which means that I have to give up on Notion since I`m not going to keep using 32bit version of both just for Notion.

Can we expect an update on that front soon? Or does that basically means Notion 64 bit... I guess this is maybe why updates went sudenly dead quiet since that might require a lot of work to achieve...

Thanks.
labou

Re: Rewire 64bit

Postby Brian » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Hello,

This is Brian from NOTION Music. I hope you don't choose to give up on NOTION. I'm sure you are aware of it, but if you would like to move to 64 bit versions of Cubase and Reason, just export your work in NOTION to a wav file and then import it into your DAW. As for future updates, all I can say right now is that we are all very hard at work and you should expect great things from our company in the future. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby Eftwyrd » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Brian wrote:Hello,

This is Brian from NOTION Music. I hope you don't choose to give up on NOTION. I'm sure you are aware of it, but if you would like to move to 64 bit versions of Cubase and Reason, just export your work in NOTION to a wav file and then import it into your DAW. As for future updates, all I can say right now is that we are all very hard at work and you should expect great things from our company in the future. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Why can't you just say if there will be a 64Bit Version of Notion in...well let's say the next half year or not ?...For me 64Bit is getting more and more important because of 64Bit DAW an 64Bit Orchester Libaries I have. Or is it such a big secret?

Greetings from Germany
Eftwyrd

Postby wcreed51 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Unless you're using ReWire, 64bit support isn't such a big issue, as jBridge and VE Pro allow you to run your sample players in 64bit.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby labou » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Thanks Brian for the reply...

I know about the fact that I can export to wave, but this can lead to cumbersome workflow... I was also already using VE Pro to host Notion samples and only using Notion as the midi playback brain so the problem isn't memory allocation. I was just prefering using Notion than cubase for composition, but cannot now limit myself to use 32 bit version of both Cubase and Reason just for that...

I'm not giving up, but would have to take a break until that awesome work you are doing is coming out :)

While doing what you are doing please consider allowing to map text words to midi CC(keyswitch) in the rules allowing to use vocal libraries based on key switching, that would be awesome...
labou

Return to NOTION