Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

How can I make the last measure smaller?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

How can I make the last measure smaller?

Postby Ludwig Karl » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:41 am

My piece consists of 13 measures and I'm trying to find out how to make the last measure smaller (more narrow) so it is more like the other measures in the piece.

Thanks!
Ludwig Karl

Re: How can I make the last measure smaller?

Postby thorrild » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 am

Ludwig,

You can't adjust the width of measures in Notion. The width is calculated by the program and preset to expand to the right and left margins. There is a command called Link To Next Measure, which may help you create fewer measures in the previous system(s), thus spreading the score more evenly. To access this command, highlight a measure and right-click on it, then go to the Measure XX menu item and select "Link..." from the submenu. It takes some experimentation to figure out if there is a way to make the layout acceptable using this method.

Another way to remedy your problem (without composing either a longer or shorter piece...) is to adjust the notation size (Score menu > Full Score Options...). Either select the next size up or the next size down and see if it helps the line breaks. You can even change the notation size in very small increments - I believe the setting is accurate up to 5 decimal points.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Ludwig Karl » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:11 pm

Thank you Thorrild, your advice helps a lot!
Ludwig Karl

Postby Surfwhammy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:17 pm

Ludwig Karl wrote:Thank you Thorrild, your advice helps a lot!

Another strategy is add three empty measures after the ending measure, where if you need this for a book or whatever, you can do a bit of editing with Photoshop to remove the three empty measures after the fact, since the important thing is to get the ending measure sized properly . . .

Lots of FUN! :D
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Return to NOTION