Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Vibrato???

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Vibrato???

Postby siberian » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:07 pm

I must be oblivious, I cannot figure out how to add vibrato to violins. Nothing under 'violin techniques', and if I try to use the vibrato notation from the 'guitar notation' markings Notion will not let me drop it anywhere. Please help.
siberian

Re: Vibrato???

Postby wcreed51 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:50 pm

It's already there...
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby siberian » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:16 am

Thanks. I was wondering about that as I could see a slight fluctuation in volume level in mixer on longer notes. a few follow-up questions-Does it also do this for for brass or woodwinds? And does finale or sibelius have it automatically in there too? Maybe that's the wrong question, does vienna or ewql have vibrato in their samples by default? Siberian.
siberian

Postby Francois2010 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:29 am

I have raised this question on the forum, but to no avail. We must have a command that allows us to control the vibrato. It's the least we can do! Other programs like Harmony Assistant enables us to do this easily. The vivbrato is usually a frequency fluctuation.
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Postby plagalcadence » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Francois2010 wrote:I have raised this question on the forum, but to no avail. We must have a command that allows us to control the vibrato. It's the least we can do! Other programs like Harmony Assistant enables us to do this easily. The vivbrato is usually a frequency fluctuation.

You mean Notion 3 player doesn't have a midi vibrato control? Seriously? Goodness gracious, that is such a basic thing. One of the key ways to avoid phasing between similar sampled instruments is to use a dash of extra vibrato (at slightly different rates) on top of string or woodwind samples to avoid the dreaded cheap organ sound-alike when playing triads or doubled notes.

Does this mean I would have to export to another sequencer/sofware to have any vibrato control?
plagalcadence

Postby pcartwright » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:10 am

Vibrato, if it is available on Notion3 instruments, is recorded in the sample. This is, IMHO, superior in sound quality to virtual instruments that simulate vibrato. It does mean less control, but, if it's control you want, then you can find other libraries that offer additional variations of vibrato.
pcartwright

Postby dgriffee » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:14 am

using ewql and vsl, I just go to the pallet and select "vibe" or "nonvibe" notations from the vsti articulations and indeed the right sound gets played as notated. If you want to do midi CC wiggles, better use a midi sequencer to wiggle a CC (grin)
dgriffee

Return to NOTION