Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Workflow screen-cast tutorials

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Workflow screen-cast tutorials

Postby astinov » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware - there are now some screen-cast workflow tutorials that can be found in the Tutorials section of our website regarding some of the frequently asked subjects - VSTi Presets, Custom VST's, Sequencer Staff and routing audio from Multi-channel VSTi's.

Check them out.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Re: Workflow screen-cast tutorials

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:07 pm

Those are great: thanks!!
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Debinani » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:07 pm

Great stuff!

Hey Lubo, I don't suppose you'd want to share the string section from that piece in the VSTi presets video? I'd love to see how you decorated the notes to produce that sound from the Cellos and Basses. :)
Debinani

Postby dgriffee » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:25 pm

:D Yes! Lubo gives clear simple howto info without any sales pitch spin. I got more out of watching these few minutes of Lubo's screen+narration than what I could figure out in several hours of fiddling around and poking at docs. There's also many very helpful incidental details besides the main subject in each, so recommend viewing all of them a couple times.

Hey Lubo, how's about showing best ways you have found to take advantage of NTempo? How can I play (on midi keyboard) the notes of an instrument part onto a staff in real time (not step time) without having to follow a metronome, so Notion syncs playback tempo of other parts to my performance when I am recording an additional part? Do I need to give it a toe-tap input on a separate midi channel, or can Notion actually just follow my keyboard playing?
dgriffee

Postby astinov » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:09 am

Hey everyone,

I'm glad you find those useful and yes, I am planning on making more tutorial screencasts. I will be overseas for about two weeks, but hopefully I can find the time to squeeze in one or two of those, will see. When I get back I'll certainly get on new tutorials such as using NTempo, ReWire, MIDI out staffs, custom playback rules per score (yes we can have those :)) and tweaking and customizing presets and templates.

All in due time. Thank you for your interest and keep coming back, we'll be updating these things as often as possible.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby dgriffee » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:17 am

astinov wrote:
... I'll certainly get on new tutorials such as ... custom playback rules ... and tweaking and customizing presets and templates ...

Yes please do, there are a bunch of us users out here who would be very excited to begin learning about at least some of the configuration parameters that may be exposed via tweeking preset "rules" files. Although this would probably be an aspect of Notion that is of interest to some users but not to others, keep in mind that some of us "end users" out here also happen to be programmer type people :geek: who would gladly share whatever joys we may find ways to bring out more of the musical usefulness that is hidden within Notion's extremely flexible architecture, for the benefit of everyone.
dgriffee

Return to NOTION