Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Slash Mark W/O Stems??

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Slash Mark W/O Stems??

Postby onimic » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Hello -
Is it possible to notate slash marks without the stems? I'm doing piano lead sheets and just want four slash marks per bar with chords on top ... Seems I can only get 1/4 note slash marks (or whole, 1/8, 1/16, etc.). I just want the slash marks so the player knows to use their own voicings as well as their own rhythms ...

Thanks.
onimic

Re: Slash Mark W/O Stems??

Postby onimic » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:11 pm

No one knows? Really? How about slashes for a Lead Sheet? Drum part? Please?
onimic

Postby thorrild » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Yes, I think I know: I don't think Notion lets you create slashes without stems.

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby onimic » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:39 pm

wow ... once again I need another notation program to supplement my new notation program :(
.... oh well .... thanks again for your help,

Mike.
onimic

Re: Slash Mark W/O Stems??NEEDS FIXING!

Postby t. lower » Thu May 24, 2012 10:10 pm

This is my first post on the forum--new to Notion 3. I agree about the slash marks. I've used other programs (sibelius, finale, etc.) and this is the first one that won't allow you to easily put REAL slash marks in--WITHOUT NOTEHEADS on them. This should be changed. There are several other features (like not being able to enter freestyle text anywhere and move it Horizontally) that are common to other good programs and needs to be fixed/changed in Notion 3.
t. lower

Return to NOTION