Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

[SOLVED] Notion & Native Instruments B4 II

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

[SOLVED] Notion & Native Instruments B4 II

Postby AxL » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:37 am

Hello,

So here, I use Notion with B4 but my problem is:

When I write a chord (for example: Do-Mi-Sol or C-E-G), Notion only read one of only three notes. Is there anyone
knows why and most importantly, how to fix this?

For information: I do not use the B4 via Kontakt, it is "autonomous".

thank you
Last edited by AxL on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AxL

Re: Notion & Native Instruments B4 II

Postby Surfwhammy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:29 pm

AxL wrote:Hello,

So here, I use Notion with B4 but my problem is:

When I write a chord (for example: Do-Mi-Sol or C-E-G), Notion only read one of only three notes. Is there anyone
knows why and most importantly, how to fix this?

For information: I do not use the B4 via Kontakt, it is "autonomous".

thank you

The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is that the particular B4 instrument you selected is monophonic or whatever maps to "one note at a time" . . .

There should be a polyphonic instrument that plays multiple notes at once . . .

Another possibility is that you somehow made each note a separate "voice", so that instead of all the notes for a chord being the same "voice", each one is different, although the maximum number of "voices" as I recall is four . . .

As an experiment, you might try creating a staff and assigning its instrument to one of the synthesizers that comes with SampleTank FREE (IK Multimedia) . . .

[NOTE: You need to create an account with IK Multimedia as part of the registration step, and then you can download SampleTank FREE and its 500MB instrument sample library, where these are two separate downloads. Once you do the installs, you will need to enable SampleTank FREE as a VSTi virtual instrument in NOTION 3, and once it is enabled, you select it via the VST button when you are doing the setup for the staff, where you click on the VST button and a set of buttons appears, where you then click on SampleTank FREE to assign it to the staff. This will launch the standalone version of SampleTank FREE, and you can select the specific synthesizer or whatever, followed by closing the standalone user interface, which returns you to the NOTION 3 setup window . . . ]

SampleTank FREE (IK Multimedia)

Try these experiments, and let everyone know if the problem is resolved . . .

You should be able to do chords, so there probably is something that needs to be configured or selected differently . . .

Lots of FUN! :D
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:36 pm

What do you mean by autonomous?
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby AxL » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi,

@ Wcreed51: I mean the B4 organ do not need other software to function (software like Kontakt
for example).

Thank you for responding, I found a solution! Via Kontakt, I used an organ other than the B4
and it works! So the problem is not really solved but "avoid"

Thank a lot!
AxL

Return to NOTION