Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

EWQLSO 64 bit install and Notion crashiness

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

EWQLSO 64 bit install and Notion crashiness

Postby Treppenwitz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:58 am

I've installed x64 Play and VSTs for EWQLSO Platinum Plus. I discovered that Notion will not load x64 VSTs from Play. I never installed the 32 bit files, so I went back to the Play DVDs and installed the 32 bit VST. Now when I select the Play_VST in the VST manager, Notion3 crashes.

Is anyone else running Vista x64 with EWQLSO sucessfully? What do I need to do to make this work?
Libraries: EWQLSO Platinum Plus || Voices of Passion || Goliath || StormDrum2 || Garritan JABB
Computer: Vista x64 || RAM: 8GB || HDD: 4 x 500GB Seagate || Sound Card: Emu-1820
Keyboard: Kurzweil MIDIBoard
Software: Sonar 8PE, Audition 3, Notion3, Sibelius 6, NI Komplete 5
Treppenwitz

Re: EWQLSO 64 bit install and Notion crashiness

Postby Treppenwitz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:57 am

I'm entering a support request. This is very disappointing.

Usable 64 bit OS's have been around for six years, and I've been running them for nearly as long. I currently address 8GB of RAM, and within a year or two that will seem like a paltry amount. Audio and video vendors who don't get on board very soon will be left in the dust.
Treppenwitz

Re: EWQLSO 64 bit install and Notion crashiness

Postby astinov » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:26 pm

Hello Treppenwitz,

Sure I can help you with that.

Make sure you update to NOTION3 build 226 (the latest update available) and I'm sure you'll be able to load PLAY succesfully. To answer your question, yes, I do use PLAY on Vista x64.
Also please update PLAY and your iLock Pace drivers to their latest versions if you haven't done so already.

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Return to NOTION