Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

MIDI Export to Sonar 8.5 PE Didn't Go So Well

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

MIDI Export to Sonar 8.5 PE Didn't Go So Well

Postby DaddyO » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:22 pm

When working on a project and after getting my orchestral score entered just so I turned to working on mixing the instruments. I ran smack dab into the problem that Notion's mixer is limited to 4 buses. So I formulated a plan to take advantage of Notion 3's ability to interpret score marks (dynamics, trills, etc.) and turn them into MIDI which I could export to Sonar 8.5 PE and use that platform's better mixing capability.

When I ran the MIDI export and then opened the MIDI file in Sonar there were all sorts of inaccuracies, duplicated notes galore, notes on staves that didn't belong there at all, notes on staves that belonged on other staves. It was a mess. By far the biggest problem is duplicated notes. I've found no efficient way to correct this in Sonar, so I'm hoping someone here has run into this and found a better solution than I have. If you have, I'd really appreciate you sharing it.

Re: MIDI Export to Sonar 8.5 PE Didn't Go So Well

Postby srenmp » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Did you try entering blank measures at the beg and end of your piece. Usually two measures fixes alot if problems.
srenmp

Re: MIDI Export to Sonar 8.5 PE Didn't Go So Well

Postby DaddyO » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:42 pm

No, I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Return to NOTION