Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

How to write a preset or template for VSTi?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

How to write a preset or template for VSTi?

Postby Tatsu Nagao » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:08 am

Thank you for your quick shipment to Japan. I received my copy of Notion3 last week.
I hope to write presets or templates for a Kontakt3 libraries, for example Kirk Hunter Diamond. I searched files in the folder where Notion3 installed, but I could not understand how to write presets or templates. I need a brief manual or an instruction.

Tatsu
Tatsu Nagao

Re: How to write a preset or template for VSTi?

Postby astinov » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:30 am

Dear Tatsu,

Thank you for your interest, we will be providing more instructions soon, just bear with us since it has been crazy here at NOTION Music for the past couple of weeks.

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby Tatsu Nagao » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:39 am

Thank you Lubo,
I'm looking forward to seeing the instructions. :D
Tatsu Nagao

Postby fandango » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:08 am

Likewise, I'm very interested to find out how this is done! :)
fandango

Good Solution

Postby DrH » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:56 pm

Would just like to add my 2 cents that a tool that would allow us to create are own Vst preset templates (and mofidy existing ones) would take a lot of pressure (and time demands) off of the Notion team to create preset templates for everyone's favorite-can't-live-with-out-this-is-what-I-own sound library. :-)

DrH
DrH

Postby astinov » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:18 am

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say, I do plan on making a tutorial, possibly within a few weeks time when I come back from a trip overseas. It will be a very interesting subject and I'm sure will grab the attention of lots of users, it will take some time though, since it is a big subject.

Thanks, rest assured I won't forget.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby pcartwright » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:49 am

A tool to create VSTi templates would be AMAZING! Also, is there a way to create a custom score template file that can be opened at the beginning (like the full orchestra or string ensemble templates)?
pcartwright

Postby dgriffee » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:13 am

pcartwright wrote:Also, is there a way to create a custom score template file that can be opened at the beginning (like the full orchestra or string ensemble templates)?

Look in Notion's templates subdirectory, you can try making backup copies and then modifying/saving those in Notion to create your own convenience startup score options.
dgriffee

Postby pcartwright » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:07 am

That did the trick... not sure why I didn't think of that earlier. Do you have any suggestions on how to make track templates (like those used for GPO, EWQLSO, VSL, and Miroslav)?
pcartwright

Postby labou » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi Lubo,

Any update on this? I'm really interested in Notion, but my main libraries are Kontakt Kirk Hunter Diamond, Kontakt core library and Halion Symphonic Orchestra, so without presets for those I'm not sure it is worth it to jump in just to be able to use it with GPO4.

Thanks.
labou

Next

Return to NOTION