Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Midi realtime input delay/recording click delay

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Midi realtime input delay/recording click delay

Postby Ludwig Karl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:47 pm

I encounter a problem when I work with Notion 3. When I click on record the click sound is very often (but not always) delayed and it misses the 1st beat of the count in. Also when I play into the score with my midi keyboard very often (but not always) the Midi note input is delayed which makes it impossible to play along with the internal click.

I use Notion 3 on a Mac Pro V. 10.6.6
Ludwig Karl

Re: Midi realtime input delay/recording click delay

Postby robsogge » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:09 pm

sounds like an audio driver problem... are you using asio?
robsogge

Postby Ludwig Karl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks Rob for your reply.
When I'm working with my Logic setup (on the same computer) the midi configuration is working fine. Do I have to set up Notion 3 in a different way? What do I have to do in order to find out if I'm using ASIO ?

Thanks!
Ludwig Karl

Postby ulrik » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi Ludwig, I have exactly the same problems, and I am also on Mac, running OS 10.7.2 (I have had that problem on os 10.5 and 10.6 as well)
I have tried to change the audio buffer settings but it doesn't make it better, about asio, I guess that is a windows thing.
I think you should report this as a bug, it should not behave like this, I use Logic, Cubase, Numerology and some more midi/audio recording software and I have no problems with them, this must be a Notion thing.

Cheers / Ulrik
ulrik

Postby winbrookhouse » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:00 am

Hi Ludwig I have the same problem on my IMac. I think it is a bug. I have not been able to find anything I can do to fix it. It helps if you slow down the tempo and then use midi input. Maybe it will get fixed sometime soon.
I some times wonder if the newness of the midi controller has anything to do with it.
I talked to Brian in tech support and he told me to go into preferences and under audio set the buffer really low. That works for me.
winbrookhouse

Postby arkham00 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:49 am

yes asio is a windows thing :)
never used a mac, sorry ...
arkham00

Postby Brian » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Hello,

This is Brian from NOTION Music Tech Support. If you are on a Windows machine, you might try download a free program called ASIO4all. Just go to www.asio4all.com. If you install this and set it up as your audio driver, you can open the console in the startup tray and adjust the buffer size there. A higher buffer size will give you better playback and a lower buffer size will decrease latency and hopefully clear up your issue. Of course if you have a professional audio interface, you should be able to adjust the buffer size inside of the driver. I hope this helps.

Best,

Brian
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Return to NOTION