Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Converting to Notation Issues

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Converting to Notation Issues

Postby onimic » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Ok -
I've imported a MIDI file. The sequencer view shows sixteenth notes. When I convert to notation it writes the sixteenth notes as eighth notes but plays them like sixteenth notes. If I try to re-write to sixteenth notes it plays them as 32nd notes... Anyone have a fix ... This is driving me crazy!

Mike
onimic

Re: Converting to Notation Issues

Postby Surfwhammy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:35 am

onimic wrote:Ok -
I've imported a MIDI file. The sequencer view shows sixteenth notes. When I convert to notation it writes the sixteenth notes as eighth notes but plays them like sixteenth notes. If I try to re-write to sixteenth notes it plays them as 32nd notes... Anyone have a fix ... This is driving me crazy!

Mike

Have you checked the time signature and tempo?

For reference, the tempo (beats per minute) is located at the top-left of the score . . .

I do everything in 4/4, but perhaps you are using 6/8 as the time signature?

This is all that comes to mind at the moment . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

P. S. If you can post a small sample score that demonstrates the problem, it will be helpful, and just a few measures is all that is necessary. Using the bundled NOTION 3 piano in the sample score will be helpful, and for reference this will be a "*.notion" file, where the idea is that you create a new NOTION 3 score with a single instrument, which should be the bundled NOTION 3 piano. Then you can copy and past a few measures into the new score and save it.

If you have a website, you can FTP the .notion file to your website and then post a link to it so that people can download it and try to determine what is happening . . .
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Return to NOTION