Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Lost forum messages

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Lost forum messages

Postby robsogge » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:59 am

wcreed51 wrote:But how far away is the corner? It's very telling that no one even bothers to comment or whine about the lack of updates or news. The long time users that used to post a lot are no longer heard from. You need to tell us something REAL.

I second that! One month has passed and not a single word from Notionmusic... not the ideal way of keeping your customers, if you ask me, I've already started to look elsewhere...
robsogge

Postby Admin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:57 pm

robsogge wrote:
wcreed51 wrote:But how far away is the corner? It's very telling that no one even bothers to comment or whine about the lack of updates or news. The long time users that used to post a lot are no longer heard from. You need to tell us something REAL.

I second that! One month has passed and not a single word from Notionmusic... not the ideal way of keeping your customers, if you ask me, I've already started to look elsewhere...

Sorry to hear you're frustrated with our communication over here. Believe me we are working hard on bringing you the best we can....right now we're working REALLY hard. You should see some REALLY big news next week some time;)
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Coming soon to an iPad near you....

Admin
Site Admin

Postby TOSCANINI » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Omg !!!!!!!!!!!!!
TOSCANINI

Postby wcreed51 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Just what I was afraid of...
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby robsogge » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:17 am

wcreed51 wrote:Just what I was afraid of...

let's hope this isn't all there is to it... I'm not an IPadder and don't plan to be. I'd very much need a better Notion, both as a notation and sequencer program. Courtesy accidentals, cross-staff beamings, better use of controllers, page/systems formatting options etc.
robsogge

Postby Zblogny » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:57 am

I'm with you, robsogge and wcreed51 !
Some of us are these days actively promoting Notion3 on a forum much frequented by French-speaking composers, and doing so with some success. We have forwarded the anticipation of a major new coming soon.
Our efforts would be futile if the purpose was only porting Notion on the iPad...
Zblogny

Postby klushund » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:38 am

Does that mean that - after a year of waiting for an update - we get another prototypic application on an iPad? I think most users want an application to work with, not a gadget...
But maybe there will also be a iPad version of VSL, Garritan, ...? Maybe also the possibility to use a big screen on the iPad.
Well, I don't stop hoping that Notion Music does not ignore their customers for more than a year and bring out a update or new version on a PC/Mac...
klushund

Postby sepheritoh » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:43 am

This is really great news. I've been praying for a true orchestration program on the iPad for a longtime now. The competitor products are great on the iPad, but not good enough yet. I know Notion will be the true answer to those prayers.
sepheritoh

Postby Admin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:23 pm

klushund wrote:Does that mean that - after a year of waiting for an update - we get another prototypic application on an iPad? I think most users want an application to work with, not a gadget...
But maybe there will also be a iPad version of VSL, Garritan, ...? Maybe also the possibility to use a big screen on the iPad.
Well, I don't stop hoping that Notion Music does not ignore their customers for more than a year and bring out a update or new version on a PC/Mac...

First of all it hasn't been a year since the last update. Second of all this app is certainly not a gadget. After using it I feel that it could possibly become the go-to app for composition on mobile devices (there really isn't a composition app on the ipad yet...)

Please understand that branching out into new areas like mobile development allows us to keep the desktop version of NOTION and development for NOTION4 possible. The release of this product is a logical progression in today's market and is necessary for us to be able to continue support and development for NOTION as a desktop application.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION