Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Playback when clicking and dragging notes

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Playback when clicking and dragging notes

Postby jodep » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:15 pm

I just upgraded from Protégé to Notion3. And, even though I was very happy with Protégé, I was hitting the boundary of the 8 instruments limit. So, thanks for the opportunity to upgrade from Protégé to Notion3!!! :D

However, there is one feature I miss with Notion3 that was there with Protégé :( : when you click and drag a note over the scale, the notes you are travelling across are no longer played. This feature allowed me to quickly find the note I was looking for (yes, I know that most people here probably have a musical background and don't need this; but I do :? ).

I am aware of the "echo midi input" (it is on by default) and also the fact that a selected note is played back when you press the "A" key, but this just isn't the same.

Is there a chance that this feature is added in a next (free) update :?:
jodep

Re: Playback when clicking and dragging notes

Postby DrH » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:21 pm

I would like to second this omission. Being able to audition a note simply by clicking on it (as in N2) rather than having to highlight it and then press A (why 2 steps?!) is much missed.

Please put this simple fix on the "let's put it back in the next update" list,

DrH
DrH

Postby Unfinished » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:19 am

I'd like to third this :) There should at least be an option somewhere.
Unfinished

Postby astinov » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:51 am

Hey guys,

Yes, we will add that hopefully soon. :)

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby Matthew » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Sorry to keep pressing the clicking and dragging feature but in addition it would be nice to be able to press the number 2 or number 3 button to hear the accidental (sharp or flat) as well when clicking and dragging a note. Once the click is released the note is recorded. I really do not like having to go back and add an accidental. This feature is in DAW software and would seamlessly integrate note entry with accidentals.

Additionally by incorporating a click and drag feature it would reduce time deleting notes that were misplaced on the staff. Currently the user has to exit edit mode and click on a note to delete it. Ugh! With click and drag this would reduce the errors because the note is not recorded until the click on the mouse is released.

Finally, if a note is still misplaced on the staff the user should be able to move it in edit mode. Maybe by selecting the note and dragging it up or down (by using the click and drag feature). This would reduce having to jump out of edit mode just to move a note. Again this is about improving the flow....

Thanks and love N3!

Matthew
Matthew

Return to NOTION