Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Sad and dissappointed

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Sad and dissappointed

Postby elerouxx » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:18 am

I spent the last month waiting for this moment, in which I go to the store and to buy Notion. During the last week I could only think on a number: 249,00.
Now that I got paid for my last job, i ran to the site and found out that there's no digital download version of Notion! and to have it shipped to Brazil I have to spend at least $154.93 more, for a total $403,93. And I risk being charged for up to 60% in taxes, if some bad mooded customs agent decides so. I'm lost. :(
elerouxx

Re: Sad and dissappointed

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Get in touch with us here...we may be able to work something out for you given the circumstances.

email me:
kyle@notionmusic.com
Admin
Site Admin

Postby jwilden » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:22 am

Excellent to see you trying to help :) - but wow - in the light of what the OP said I just looked at the shipping price to Australia and at $90.00 things are starting to get pretty expensive.

So I took a look at the website of your local distributor here but they appear to have no way for me to actually order your product - certainly there is no pricing or catalog entry although they do carry some basic information/advertising.

I currently use Notion SLE (Miroslav) and had just recieved the upgrade coupon with a view to moving to Notion 3 initially to allow me to use Garritan GPO. At the moment is is more cost effective (although not so good from a workflow point of view) to buy another copy of SLE to do this. I'll think on that for a bit.

Just a suggestion - have you considered selling a download version of Notion 3 without the samples? As it happens a 10-15GB download is not all that big these days so would not be worried about that either however I'm not too interested in the bundled sound library - mostly I want to be able to use alternative VSTs of my choice.

Great product by the way!
jwilden

Happy and undissappointed

Postby elerouxx » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:12 pm

(You can't imagine how hard it is to find an anthonym for dissappointed)
elerouxx

Postby Admin » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:29 am

jwilden wrote:Excellent to see you trying to help :) - but wow - in the light of what the OP said I just looked at the shipping price to Australia and at $90.00 things are starting to get pretty expensive.

So I took a look at the website of your local distributor here but they appear to have no way for me to actually order your product - certainly there is no pricing or catalog entry although they do carry some basic information/advertising.

I currently use Notion SLE (Miroslav) and had just recieved the upgrade coupon with a view to moving to Notion 3 initially to allow me to use Garritan GPO. At the moment is is more cost effective (although not so good from a workflow point of view) to buy another copy of SLE to do this. I'll think on that for a bit.

Just a suggestion - have you considered selling a download version of Notion 3 without the samples? As it happens a 10-15GB download is not all that big these days so would not be worried about that either however I'm not too interested in the bundled sound library - mostly I want to be able to use alternative VSTs of my choice.

Great product by the way!

Get in touch with Major Music (Australia) directly and they'll be able to direct you a reseller of NOTION in Australia.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Shipping to Australian addresses

Postby rotassator » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Admin wrote:
Get in touch with Major Music (Australia) directly and they'll be able to direct you a reseller of NOTION in Australia.

-Kyle

Hi. Just confirming that Major Music will ship Notion 3 within Australia for $16.50 AUD postage. I just received my upgrade from Notion SLE. Send them an email or give them a call and they'll be able to help you out. Anthony actually replied via email within about half an hour after I used their contact form.

Great service and big savings on postage.

P.S. "satisfied" would be a good antonym for disappointed ;)
rotassator

Return to NOTION