Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Big Band, Jazz, R&B, Funk

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Big Band, Jazz, R&B, Funk

Postby gruvsyco » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Is anyone doing anything along these lines in Notion?

What libraries are people using? I have Garritan JABB and have been getting frustrated with trying to figure out how to do expression and articulations and such. Have contemplated getting the Notion Jazz expansions but really don't want to invest in something that is tied to a specific app.

Would love to hear some example clips (even if they were just worked over Garritan JABB examples) and maybe see some notion files if you use JABB so, maybe, just maybe I could wrap my head around this.

Thanks in advance.
gruvsyco

Re: Big Band, Jazz, R&B, Funk

Postby kvapka » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:40 am

Hi

try look on http://www.notionmusic.com/support/tutorials.html - Custom Playback rules tutorials - it is for VSL but i think this can work on Garritan too.

maybe help.
kvapka

Re: Big Band, Jazz, R&B, Funk

Postby thorrild » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:39 am

Hi gruvsyco,

As you can see from the documentation and on the Score Setup screen, JABB is not directly supported. Which, as I understand it, means that only the most basic functions (note-on, note-off) will respond unless you do a lot of work yourself. Directly supported libraries have their own, named pop-up menu in the lower left corner of the Setup screen. Libraries such as JABB can only be used as VST instruments, and it's not an easy job to make them work well. It is my understanding that even the directly supported sound libraries are not integrated as fully as Notion's own sounds are, which is why users like pcartwright post their custom rule sets elsewhere in this forum.

Here is a link to a previous thread on the matter:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1522&hilit=JABB#p6420

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to NOTION