Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

things I don't want to see

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

things I don't want to see

Postby Dave Dominey » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:25 pm

I don't want to see instruments I dont own appearing greyed out in the score setup

while its easy enough to ignore the greyed out instruments..... its a little more annoying when changing an instrument via the staff setting and the instruments i do own are blended in with the instruments i dont

bugs me
Dave Dominey

Re: things I don't want to see

Postby dgriffee » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 pm

I found it annoying too, so I carefully experimented (with backup copies) and discovered that it is possible to completely disappear instruments that you do not want to see at all. In the expressionlist file under support/lists if you look closely you will notice a tag called "link" that has name of associated library per instrument expression. You can either comment out or delete the expressions associated with librarys you do not own or expressions that you never use and do not ever want to see cluttering up the display menu.

Also in same directory is instrument lists, which you can do same (comment out or delete entries) for instruments you do not own and/or would rather not have displayed for selection. (For example, I have no use for certain groups of expressions which take up quite a lot of screen space in the menus, so I just commented them out in both files) like this...
<!--
(expressions or instruments I do not want here)
-->
Be careful, it is terribly easy to break the config files with the tinyest typo error in xml syntax. As editing these files is somewhat destructive, be sure to keep a backup copy in case it does not work or you laer change your mind or if your tweeeks get overwritten by an update installer.
-DG
dgriffee

Postby Dave Dominey » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:59 am

great tips but I wouldn't be confident doing it

i'd have to leave it to the devs
Dave Dominey

Postby David Smith » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:32 am

+1

Also, I often see an instrument change turn into an instrument plus a ref#### in a file when I re-open. It seems to forget or lose the location of an instrument change.
David Smith

Return to NOTION