Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

shortcut hotkey for "soft-attack" articulation???

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

shortcut hotkey for "soft-attack" articulation???

Postby dgriffee » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:56 am

I found this very useful note-articulation marking tucked away down under a couple context menues in the GUI, it puts a tiny Glyph on a single note which (depending upon instument patch) makes a soft smooth attack just for that note.

select a note and right click to the context menu
...notes...articulations
...and there at the bottom of the dropdown list widget is "soft-attack"

anybody guess/find/intuit the hot key shortcut for this articulation marking?
(...it is not an expression marking with text label, it is an articulation with a tiny glyph marking that appears above/below the individual note)

Reward offered: I'll write a custom rule addon for anybody who can find the shortcut key to the articulation.
-DG
dgriffee

Thanks!

Postby themeworks » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:45 pm

I have no idea the shortcut - but thanks for pointing that feature out - I had never seen it!
themeworks

Re: shortcut hotkey for "soft-attack" articulation???

Postby Francois2010 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:53 am

All options on this menu are applied to a single note or a group of selected notes.
I love Notion ! I love to compose !
Native langage french. Be patient with my English.
Francois2010

Postby pcartwright » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:41 pm

I haven't found a shortcut; I honestly didn't realize this had been implemented given that it doesn't appear to be available in the docker or via key command. I'll go back through the manual and see if can be access via a apostrophe/text shortcuts.
pcartwright

Postby dgriffee » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:39 pm

pcartwright wrote:I haven't found a shortcut; I honestly didn't realize this had been implemented given that it doesn't appear to be available in the docker or via key command. I'll go back through the manual and see if can be access via a apostrophe/text shortcuts.

Sad to say ...you won't find it there. I even tried "easter-egging" for it by apostrophe-___ with whatever intuitive mnemonic keys I could imagine, but no luck. Can't find it in the expressionlist file either (that's where most apostrophe shortcuts are defined). Understand that it is not an "expression" marking, it is a single note articulation, kind of like the extreme opposite of a staccatto-accent. As far as I can tell it is undocumented. I suspect it was probably a last minute feature addition that slipped through their QA dept in the frenzy of last December. I only found it by looking for it in reverse from stuff that I saw in a rules file. It only works for certain instruments that actually have a "soft-attack" keyswitch available, but there are apparently quite a few such instument patches that it works well on so it is pretty useful.
dgriffee

Postby thorrild » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:00 am

I have typed all sorts of nonsense as well, with no luck. All the same, I am grateful to you, dgriffee, for pointing out its existence. There are so many rough spots that can be made prettier with this attachment, even if it is a royal pain to apply.
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to NOTION