Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Import XML, Key signatures and accidentals

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Import XML, Key signatures and accidentals

Postby stootz » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Notion3 and not a great music reader, so forgive me if I am doing something dumb here...

I am exporting a score as an XML file from Cubase 6 (I don't like Cubase's score editor at all...).

I then import that into Notion3, which seems to like to put accidentals of the main three varieties (sharps, flats and naturals) in some order that seems to defy logic.

The reason I say this is that I have an orchestration tutor, who has commented that the software I'm using shouldn't use combinations of all three accidentals, as this is confusing to read. I agree but I'm not that proficient in reading so I take his word for it.

So, I thought that adding a key signature at the start of the piece would mean the accidentals that could be removed throughout the piece, would be removed. However, adding a key sig doesnt affect any of the accidental markings along the score.

Is this a bug?

Am I doing something wrong?

I know about the ENH (Shift+E) tool but that doesn't help... I want to be able to add a key sig to an imported file, and all the confusing and pointless accidentals should disappear.

Any ideas pls?

cheers
stootz.
stootz

Re: Import XML, Key signatures and accidentals

Postby stootz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:01 am

It's been almost a week and no reply from the Notion guys?

Please at least acknowledge the cry for help!

Thanks in advance!
stootz

Postby thorrild » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:08 pm

Dear stootz,

As I understand the Notion Forum, it is meant to be primarily a venue for users to communicate with each other — despite the fact that Notion staff sometimes seems to take pity on some topic and post a reply to set things straight.

If you expect customer support, I highly recommend using the instructions posted elsewhere in this site: Write an email to Brian (support@notionmusic.com). He has helped me many, many times, and he always replies promptly.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby stootz » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks Thorrild - I'll give that a go!

Cheers
stootz.
stootz

Return to NOTION